Change In Keeper League Set-up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Change In Keeper League Set-up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Change In Keeper League Set-up

Postby Drunken Rhino » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:07 pm

The main league I'm in has been a keeper league for about 3-4 years now. We're currently set-up as a 10-team mixed, 5 player keeper +1 if you kept one of your last 3 picks in the draft. We need to change our set-up b/c the 1st place team is so far ahead it's barely even fun for him. (It's not me) I think we need to institute some sort of salary cap/luxury tax rule (though it's not an auction league) or some sort of time limit that a player can be kept but unsure of how to go about it. The other option we could explore is the keep players for increasing draft slots.

Personally, I like the draft slot idea, but am unsure how to implement it mid-keeper. For example, my 5 keepers would be David Wright, Carlos Beltran, Jimmy Rollins, Justin Morneau, Jake Peavy and Brandon Phillips. Would I just be slotting those guys in Rds 1-6 then the following year, I'd have to give up the guy that I kept in Rd 1? Is that right?
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Change In Keeper League Set-up

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:59 am

Drunken Rhino wrote:The main league I'm in has been a keeper league for about 3-4 years now. We're currently set-up as a 10-team mixed, 5 player keeper +1 if you kept one of your last 3 picks in the draft. We need to change our set-up b/c the 1st place team is so far ahead it's barely even fun for him. (It's not me) I think we need to institute some sort of salary cap/luxury tax rule (though it's not an auction league) or some sort of time limit that a player can be kept but unsure of how to go about it. The other option we could explore is the keep players for increasing draft slots.

Personally, I like the draft slot idea, but am unsure how to implement it mid-keeper. For example, my 5 keepers would be David Wright, Carlos Beltran, Jimmy Rollins, Justin Morneau, Jake Peavy and Brandon Phillips. Would I just be slotting those guys in Rds 1-6 then the following year, I'd have to give up the guy that I kept in Rd 1? Is that right?

that is usually how it works, but i really dont think changing the rules because a team is too good is a good thing. unless he is all for it, and the rest of the league, i dont think the settings should be changed.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby phillyphan12 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:51 pm

me niether
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby StoneColdBrown » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:53 pm

I third. Inconsistent leagues can become bad leagues in a hurry. If evveryone likes it, then cool. I'd say privately discuss it with the 1st-place team first to make sure they don't see it as being against them.
StoneColdBrown
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Commissioner's Corner