Iphone or xbox 360 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Iphone or xbox 360

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Iphone or xbox 360

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:00 pm

Yoda wrote:You tech guys have to understand that most people are not as technical. If something is simple to use and works well then that is better than something which will take most people hours to figure out how to use.

look, we understand that simple and easy to use is the name of the game. what you are failing to understand is that most of the things that i have been mentioning ARE simple and easy to use. it may sound technical because it has an acronym, but most of this stuff doesnt require any sort of training (like EDGE v 3G) or the young people already know how to use because its on their free phone (IM, MMS...which isnt technical at all either, especially when you are apple and you pride yourself on your UI). from the user perspective the only difference between EDGE and 3G is download speed. its basically the difference between dial and broad band speed. did you need any additional training when you upgraded to cable/dsl? you dont do anything differently. you just use safari and whatever else the EXACT same way, only your download speeds will be roughly five times faster. from the manufacturer perspective, 3G isnt some untested future technology. its a NOW technology. its already out. some free phones already have it. its a hell of a lot simpler to implement than a multi-touch screen so there is just no excuse for not including it on the iphone.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:15 am

j_d_mcnugent wrote:
Yoda wrote:You tech guys have to understand that most people are not as technical. If something is simple to use and works well then that is better than something which will take most people hours to figure out how to use.

look, we understand that simple and easy to use is the name of the game. what you are failing to understand is that most of the things that i have been mentioning ARE simple and easy to use. it may sound technical because it has an acronym, but most of this stuff doesnt require any sort of training (like EDGE v 3G) or the young people already know how to use because its on their free phone (IM, MMS...which isnt technical at all either, especially when you are apple and you pride yourself on your UI). from the user perspective the only difference between EDGE and 3G is download speed. its basically the difference between dial and broad band speed. did you need any additional training when you upgraded to cable/dsl? you dont do anything differently. you just use safari and whatever else the EXACT same way, only your download speeds will be roughly five times faster. from the manufacturer perspective, 3G isnt some untested future technology. its a NOW technology. its already out. some free phones already have it. its a hell of a lot simpler to implement than a multi-touch screen so there is just no excuse for not including it on the iphone.

Maybe you should run the company and not Jobs.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby pdlata » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:44 pm

I got the chance to play around with an Iphone in the Apple store yesterday and I was really impressed. The internet ran great despite it not having g3. There are other phones or devices that have similar or better features, but the convenience of not having to change the format of all my music from Itunes is a big selling point for me (I'm lazy). Plus, it looked great and had was quite thin. I'm definitely getting one if/when it goes to T mobile.
pdlata
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:44 pm

Yoda wrote:
j_d_mcnugent wrote:

Weak.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:34 am

bigh0rt wrote:
j_d_mcnugent wrote:
Yoda wrote:look, we understand that simple and easy to use is the name of the game. what you are failing to understand is that most of the things that i have been mentioning ARE simple and easy to use. it may sound technical because it has an acronym, but most of this stuff doesnt require any sort of training (like EDGE v 3G) or the young people already know how to use because its on their free phone (IM, MMS...which isnt technical at all either, especially when you are apple and you pride yourself on your UI). from the user perspective the only difference between EDGE and 3G is download speed. its basically the difference between dial and broad band speed. did you need any additional training when you upgraded to cable/dsl? you dont do anything differently. you just use safari and whatever else the EXACT same way, only your download speeds will be roughly five times faster. from the manufacturer perspective, 3G isnt some untested future technology. its a NOW technology. its already out. some free phones already have it. its a hell of a lot simpler to implement than a multi-touch screen so there is just no excuse for not including it on the iphone.

Weak.

if you read the whole thread, hes been acting like this from the jump.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby talan37 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:59 am

Pdlata, was it running on wireless or Edge in the store while you were playing with it? There is a huge difference.
Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:30 pm

$600 can buy you lots of beer and lap dances! ;-D
Jimboozie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pdlata » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:36 pm

Not completely sure, but I would think it was wireless. From what I understand Edge isn't exactly new stuff. It was cool watching Youtube videos on the the IPhone though. They streamed at a rate similar to my computer. I guess you would have to try it out with Edge to get the entire effect. Still, I was impressed with the phone.
pdlata
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:38 pm

Jimboozie wrote:$600 can buy you lots of beer and lap dances! ;-D

You can get laid for that.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:14 pm

Yoda wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:$600 can buy you lots of beer and lap dances! ;-D

You can get laid for that.

....not if your mug is as ugly as mine! !+) ;-7

I'm not sure which one I would take, if either was given to me for free. I'd probably go with the iPhone since my video gaming days have seemed to pass me by. However, I wouldn't voluntarily pay for either one...too much cheddar. If I had $600 to blow, I'd probably put it into souping up my Focus.
Jimboozie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk