Iphone or xbox 360 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Iphone or xbox 360

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Iphone or xbox 360

Postby RyanK » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:53 pm

I keep debating between one or the other, ive almost bought an xbox few times in the past month or so but always back down for some reason (mostly thinking i wont play it enough). Now that the Iphones out and seems to be getting good reviews im interested in getting one.

id say both have the same longevity, 2 years or so, with xbox being a bit longer.

I know a 360 would be nice come time for school again when theres alot of time to play video games, but then ic an always do what i did before and go to other peoples rooms.

I guess im just looking for reasons not to get the iphone(though me not having an ipod makes me want one also), or if anyone knows how long till their second generation comes out.
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Iphone or xbox 360

Postby Yoda » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:10 pm

I've almost bought an XBox 360 many times but didn't due to their system failures. They are prepared to pay $1 billion in repairs so I won't be picking one up any time soon.

iPhone has some issues with high cost but you will definitely use it more. If I had a choice, then I'd go with the iPhone if you already use ATT and own an iPod. It is essentially a very cool iPod that is also a phone, a camera and a web browser.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RugbyD » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:14 pm

Xbox is expected to drop price soon and you are probably better off waiting for the second iteration of iPhone. If you buy Guitar Hero, you will play it plenty, which is one reason for my putting off an Xbox purchase. That and to avoid feeling the need for a 1080p LCD purchase......
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:19 pm

360 is extending warranties to 3 years after the date of purchase. If you are unlucky and have one with system failures, you'll be able to send it back.

The iPhone is a cool toy, but I can't see forking over that much money for a phone. Are you really going to use it that much? By use, I don't mean just making phone calls, because you can do that on any other cell phone. Don't forget the money it costs for the services that make the phone cool. That on top of the price tag for just the phone, will be way more than you'll spend on a 360 + games.
Last edited by teddy ballgame on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RyanK » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:19 pm

RugbyD wrote:Xbox is expected to drop price soon and you are probably better off waiting for the second iteration of iPhone. If you buy Guitar Hero, you will play it plenty, which is one reason for my putting off an Xbox purchase. That and to avoid feeling the need for a 1080p LCD purchase......

guitar hero is a main reason for me almost buying it everytime
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby RyanK » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:20 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:360 is extending warranties to 3 years after the date of purchase. If you are unlucky and have one with system failures, you'll be able to send it back.

The iPhone is a cool toy, but I can't see forking over that much money for a phone. Are you really going to use it that much? By use, I don't mean just making phone calls, because you can do that on any other cell phone. Don't forget the money it costs for the services that make the phone cool. That on top of the price tag for just the phone, will be way more than you'll spend on a 360 + games.

its about 40 dollars a month for the plan id get, unlimited texts, 1000-1200 min and the web browser and all other features are included
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:22 pm

RyanK wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:360 is extending warranties to 3 years after the date of purchase. If you are unlucky and have one with system failures, you'll be able to send it back.

its about 40 dollars a month for the plan id get, unlimited texts, 1000-1200 min and the web browser and all other features are included

That's actually quite a bit cheaper than what I thought it was, but I still stand by my other points.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:27 pm

I use my phone/iPod WAY more than any game system I've ever owned. Plus with better web access, I am constantly using my phone for news, sports, weather, directions, etc.

The thing about the warranty is, it's great that they are finally admitting that there is a problem and trying to resolve it. But it is still a huge hassle to send things back and dealing with product failures for anyone who's ever had to go through the trouble. Until Microsoft gets to the bottom of the problem, I personally will stay far away.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:36 pm

RyanK wrote:

thats actually pretty shocking. i always assumed it would be much more per month. if you have another cell phone service, you'll most likely have to pay if your contract isnt over. id say, buy an xbox 360 and then go on ebay and get a used ipod for like $100. then you have the best of both worlds.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby byfrcp » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:46 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
RyanK wrote:

That's actually quite a bit cheaper than what I thought it was, but I still stand by my other points.

This site http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... 3/BUSINESS says plans for the IPhone START at $59.99 and that's before state and federal taxes. so I'm not sure what plan you're thinking of.
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to General Talk