Drew or Dye? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Drew or Dye?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Erboes » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:30 am

Well, thank you. If you think along with me it does sort of make sense. Let's say Drew has 400 AB's and puts up these numbers: .295-70-20-55-8. Now let's say while Drew is on the DL you play Gerut and he produces just like he did last season but in 244 AB's: .279-33-11-37-2. Combined, you have a .290-103-31-92-10 hitter. That is a $26 player. Not great, but decent. But look at the upside. If Drew has 500 AB's, your are pushing the numbers to well over $30 and, if a miracle does happen, he gets 600 AB's, you got a $35+ player. These numbers are low for Drew too and you probably could get who'd get you better than Gerut's numbers last season too. For a couple late round picks you'd be getting production of a 7th rounder or so with the upside of a lot more.

Well, with my crazy theory you can see how Drew is worth a late round gamble even if he does miss a lot of time. But then again, maybe you don't. It's just a thought.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BcM » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:38 am

Drew is my pick as well and he could be a top player if the health issue wasn't always floating over his head like a dark cloud.
BcM
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ukjohn » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:39 am

Drew

Dye sucks, and a change of scenory should help JD
"I'm out like a fat girl in dodge ball"
ukjohn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby trevisc » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:43 am

you should all know what I'm gonna say.

Drew!

;-D
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

my other options

Postby baseball_playa18 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:50 am

the league i'm in is set-up to where you have a lf,cf,rf rather than 3 of spots. i like bradley and matos but i already have 2 cf so i need to have someone that can play right. rual mondesi is available but i dont like him for some reason, also, juan encarnacion and tim salmon, so there isnt much left at rf.
baseball_playa18
College Coach
College Coach

Postby stabone76 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:56 am

ondeckb wrote:That's a lot of votes for a guy who's going to play 90 games....

Well he wants someone to be his backup anyway, I would hope his backup woulndt play over 90 games for him anyway. He just has to hope that drew is healthy for the 90 that he needs
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

Re: my other options

Postby Erboes » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:57 am

baseball_playa18 wrote:the league i'm in is set-up to where you have a lf,cf,rf rather than 3 of spots. i like bradley and matos but i already have 2 cf so i need to have someone that can play right. rual mondesi is available but i dont like him for some reason, also, juan encarnacion and tim salmon, so there isnt much left at rf.

Good God, man, forget Matos. I don't have a clue why this guy is bantied about around here like he's a viable anything. Bradley may play enough in the corner spots to qualify there, so pick him up above anyone else. Take Drew and Mondesi for backups/platoon. Who do you have for center?
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:41 pm

Erboes wrote:
baseball_playa18 wrote:the league i'm in is set-up to where you have a lf,cf,rf rather than 3 of spots. i like bradley and matos but i already have 2 cf so i need to have someone that can play right. rual mondesi is available but i dont like him for some reason, also, juan encarnacion and tim salmon, so there isnt much left at rf.

Good God, man, forget Matos. I don't have a clue why this guy is bantied about around here like he's a viable anything. Bradley may play enough in the corner spots to qualify there, so pick him up above anyone else. Take Drew and Mondesi for backups/platoon. Who do you have for center?
Erbos what do you have against Matos I don't have his minor league stats but he is only 25 and had a nice season last year in only 109 games.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 387)

Postby Jer19G » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:29 pm

stabone76 wrote:
ondeckb wrote:That's a lot of votes for a guy who's going to play 90 games....

Well he wants someone to be his backup anyway, I would hope his backup woulndt play over 90 games for him anyway. He just has to hope that drew is healthy for the 90 that he needs

Matos will also be running more this year.
Demon Days
Jer19G
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Jer19G » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:30 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Erboes wrote:

Erbos what do you have against Matos I don't have his minor league stats but he is only 25 and had a nice season last year in only 109 games.

Also Matos will have more sbs than last year.
Demon Days
Jer19G
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers