Futures Game | World 7, U.S. 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Futures Game | World 7, U.S. 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Futures Game | World 7, U.S. 2

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:35 pm

[Dodgers’ AA shortstop Chin-Lung] Hu had a pair of RBI hits and stole a base in the home ballpark of the Dodgers’ biggest rival, leading the World team to a 7-2 victory over the U.S. team in the All-Star Futures game on Sunday.
Cincinnati’s Joey Votto hit a solo homer against Boston’s Clay Buchholz in the sixth inning and Houston’s James Van Ostrand added one in the seventh against the Dodgers’ Clayton Kershaw to make it 6-2.

Arizona’s Justin Upton… hit a solo homer in the third off Fautino De Los Santos of the White Sox for the first run for Dave Winfield’s U.S. team. Texas’ John Whittleman added a solo shot in the fifth against Deolis Guerra of the New York Mets.
Rick Vanden Hurk allowed one hit and struck out one batter in the first inning to get the win.

Yahoo! | FULL STORY
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Futures Game | World 7, U.S. 2

Postby J35J » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:29 am

Absolutely can't wait for Clay Buchholz to get to the bigs. This guy is outstanding and the reason he may stand above the rest is because his change is already crazy good! I love that kid!

Clayton Kershaw and Franklin Morales are outstanding as well....the only thing that will hold them back is that BB/9.

Fautino De Los Santos was very impressive as well yesterday as well, I don't know alot about him but if he can improve control and the ability to throw his secondary pitches consistantly then he will be very good!

Jeff Niemann ehhh, a little overrated in my book. I'll take a number of other SP prospects over him. Don't get me wrong he should be a solid pitcher but just not "top end" in my book.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:31 am

J35J wrote:Absolutely can't wait for Clay Buchholz to get to the bigs. This guy is outstanding and the reason he may stand above the rest is because his change is already crazy good! I love that kid!

Clayton Kershaw and Franklin Morales are outstanding as well....the only thing that will hold them back is that BB/9.

Fautino De Los Santos was very impressive as well yesterday as well, I don't know alot about him but if he can improve control and the ability to throw his secondary pitches consistantly then he will be very good!

Jeff Niemann ehhh, a little overrated in my book. I'll take a number of other SP prospects over him. Don't get me wrong he should be a solid pitcher but just not "top end" in my book.

Niemann will be top end. The guy can pitch. He has the power and some nasty breaking stuff.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J35J » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:33 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
J35J wrote:Absolutely can't wait for Clay Buchholz to get to the bigs. This guy is outstanding and the reason he may stand above the rest is because his change is already crazy good! I love that kid!

Niemann will be top end. The guy can pitch. He has the power and some nasty breaking stuff.

I was waiting for you or RUMP to chime in about that....just my opinion of course. !+)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby boston fan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:34 am

i was impressed by deolis guerrara and jay bruce these guys are going to be stars! Buccholz also looks good with that nasty curve
boston fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:34 am

J35J wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

I was waiting for you or RUMP to chime in about that....just my opinion of course. !+)

;-) of course. I am sure RUMP will too as he has seen Niemann pitch up close even more than I have. I saw him in ST and he looked good, but RUMP has seen him in Durham a lot.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J35J » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:40 am

boston fan wrote:i was impressed by deolis guerrara and jay bruce these guys are going to be stars! Buccholz also looks good with that nasty curve

I missed Guerra last night, wish I coulda seen him throw. ;-D

Yes Buchholz has a filthy curve but most of the top end SP prospects have a good fastball and curveball but what seperates Buccholz is that change he has already.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers