Buehrle officially signs with the White Sox: 4 Years. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Buehrle officially signs with the White Sox: 4 Years.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Buehrle officially signs with the White Sox: 4 Years.

Postby Zito is God » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:34 pm

I am watching the futures game and Kenny Williams during his interviewed stated that the deal is done and should be officially announced later today. He did not mention the money figuires but he mentioned 4 years and while he did state that he did not offer Buehrle a no-trade clause he did include "limited trade protection" to Buehrle as part of the deal.

Will have link as soon as it is reported officially.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Buehrle officially signs with the White Sox: 4 Years.

Postby Zito is God » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:42 pm

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Old_Style » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:44 pm

From Rotoworld...

White Sox signed LHP Mark Buehrle to a four-year contract extension through 2011.
ESPN is reporting that the deal is worth $56 million and includes that would make it a five-year, $75 million if he's traded. That would seem to suggest that Buehrle didn't get the full no-trade clause he wanted. It's a very good deal for the White Sox when compared to what he would have received as a free agent. Still, that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be worth the money. Buehrle has far more mileage on his arm than most 28-year-olds, and while it is very encouraging the way he's bounced back this year, he could have more seasons like his 2006 in his future. Jul. 8 - 5:17 pm et

If he's traded, it could be a 5 year, $75 millions deal.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:00 pm

This is also in the wrong forum.
Fantasy Man 27
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Old_Style » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:10 pm

Fantasy Man 27 wrote:This is also in the wrong forum.

Oh, boo-hoo... :-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:38 pm

He ripped himself off. He could have got more money then that , with teams slobbering over each other to get him. Look at Zito's deal - and Zito is useless now. Maybe SF was filling their future Barry quota.
Was Zito $126mil over 7 years? something like that.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Ursa » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:11 pm

AussieDodger wrote:He ripped himself off. He could have got more money then that , with teams slobbering over each other to get him. Look at Zito's deal - and Zito is useless now. Maybe SF was filling their future Barry quota.

I understand your point but if I ripped myself off and still collected $14 million each year for the next four years for maybe 32 days work per year, I wouldn't be spending too much time crying about it.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:42 pm

Ursa wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:He ripped himself off. He could have got more money then that , with teams slobbering over each other to get him. Look at Zito's deal - and Zito is useless now. Maybe SF was filling their future Barry quota.

I understand your point but if I ripped myself off and still collected $14 million each year for the next four years for maybe 32 days work per year, I wouldn't be spending too much time crying about it.

32 days of work? Are you kidding?
Fantasy Man 27
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KCollins1304 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:53 pm

Fantasy Man 27 wrote:
Ursa wrote:

Point is that he could have at least twice as much money guaranteed than what the White Sox gave him. I think it was a poor business decision, but must be worth it to him.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ursa » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:57 pm

Fantasy Man 27 wrote:
Ursa wrote:

162 / 5 = 32.4. I know there's practice, etc, but an SP stands atop the mound roughly 32 times, playoffs excepted and injury permitting.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers