Rich "DL Queen" Harden - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Rich "DL Queen" Harden

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rich "DL Queen" Harden

Postby Danger » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:42 pm

It just didn't feel right not to see "DL" next to Harden's name, all is well in the universe now.
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby champy41 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:48 pm

tgalv wrote:
champy41 wrote:where are those people who said we were idiots for dropping him pre-maturely...man, didn't see this one coming...wish i would've held onto him...f him...never drafting him again...let's go wandy!!!

well congratulations! go you! you acted fast and were able to nab WANDY RODRIGUEZ!!!!11!!!1!! i'm sure that couldn't have waited two days, and if he got picked off waivers during that time, you'd probably be forced to pick someone better instead. it was almost inevitable harden would go on the DL but i've seen a lot stranger things happen. i'm holding on to him still. maybe he never pitches again this year or the rest of his life, but wandy rodriguez is a non-factor. harden, when pitching is actually helpful to a fantasy team.

laugh all you want but i'm riding the wandy train for as long he's hot...and he's been lights out last month or so...CONGRATULATIONS to you for holding onto harden!!! let me know how that works out for ya...
champy41
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jblank » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:19 pm

tgalv wrote:
champy41 wrote:where are those people who said we were idiots for dropping him pre-maturely...man, didn't see this one coming...wish i would've held onto him...f him...never drafting him again...let's go wandy!!!

well congratulations! go you! you acted fast and were able to nab WANDY RODRIGUEZ!!!!11!!!1!! i'm sure that couldn't have waited two days, and if he got picked off waivers during that time, you'd probably be forced to pick someone better instead. it was almost inevitable harden would go on the DL but i've seen a lot stranger things happen. i'm holding on to him still. maybe he never pitches again this year or the rest of his life, but wandy rodriguez is a non-factor. harden, when pitching is actually helpful to a fantasy team.

Now that was certainly uncalled for. :-t
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby StevePhillips=Dumb » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:10 am

Rich Harden is such a little girl.

Rachel Harden (SP-Oak) DL
StevePhillips=Dumb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby willy-t » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:50 am

Honestly, I swear - never again.
willy-t
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:54 am

willy-t wrote:Honestly, I swear - never again.
I wouldn't say never again, but I'd certainly wait until the 2nd half of the draft so if he's hurt again next year it wouldn't be a big loss.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:05 am

I might have hung onto him through one more DL stint, but I noticed last night that Andrew Miller was still out there so bye bye Rich Soften.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby kr580 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:19 am

Does anyone see any point in keeping Harden in my 10-team non-keeper league? Check my sig for my roster. With a solid pitching squad and plenty of bats catching my eye I'm not too attached to him. The only thing I'm wondering is if he has any trade value left or if he has value at all the rest of the season. Opinions?

Thanks - Kevin
kr580 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Smoltzfan96cy » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:52 am

In a 10 team league, I say let him go. I play in a 16 team league, so I've held on to his sorry a$$ because of the lack of talent on the waiver wire but he has barely been worth the headache.
Smoltzfan96cy
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Football

Postby wildbill » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:44 pm

I agree you have to be in a really mixed deep league or a fairly deep AL league to hold on to Harden at this point. It will most likely be very late august at the earliest that he would pitch again, with september more likely. Also, if the As appear out of contention they probably won't even try bringing him back if his return isn't until september.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates