Postby Stuball » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:34 pm

Will he continue to be a full time player ?WHIP
Stuball
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ryan Theroit

Postby KR » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:01 am

As someone who has literally followed almost every chicago game DO NOT TRUST LOU.

If Theirot gets the 2 spot for a few weeks trade him high.

Fontenot was absolutely amazing in the 2 hole, and made an error and didnt even get to see the field for a few days then came back to the 6 spot.

Lou Changes the lineup way too often for anyone but the big three there to get utilized in fantasy.
KR
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rounders » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:48 am

KR wrote:Fontenot was absolutely amazing in the 2 hole, and made an error and didnt even get to see the field for a few days then came back to the 6 spot.

What? He made the error in the 1st, so they moved him over to 2B the next inning and Derosa to SS (wierd, but okay). Then he started the next day in the 6 hole, got the next day off, then has started the last 3 days (2 in the 6 spot - one of those days had a lefty on the mound, and one in the 2nd spot). So, he gets one day off 2 days after he makes an error, and you're blaming Lou for sitting him because of the error? And you're saying Lou didn't play him for days, which isn't true - July 2nd is the ONLY game he hasn't started since he was called up. Generally when a young guy gets called up, he gets days off here and there.

Anyways...
They have 4 mediocre infielders, but Izturis is definitely the worse offensively, so he will just give players days off and be a defensive replacement or PH. Derosa is going to be mainly 2B and RF, and Fontenot will be mainly 2B (especially after his error at SS). That leaves most of the time at SS for Theriot. He will see a lot of time, and could play most days, but Lou will go with the hot hand in the 2 spot like he has all year. Pie was there until he cooled off, Theriot was there until he cooled off, Fontenot was there and he hasn't completely cooled down but Theriot has been better over the past week.
The only reason Lou changes the lineup around so much is that he has a lot of young guys that are going to be inconsistent (pie, theriot, fontenot), and then there's Derosa who has also been inconsistent. If someone steps up and proves that they deserve the 2 spot full time, they'll get it, but everyone has been streaky, so there's been a lot of lineup changes.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KR » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:48 pm

Rounders wrote:
KR wrote:Fontenot was absolutely amazing in the 2 hole, and made an error and didnt even get to see the field for a few days then came back to the 6 spot.

What? He made the error in the 1st, so they moved him over to 2B the next inning and Derosa to SS (wierd, but okay). Then he started the next day in the 6 hole, got the next day off, then has started the last 3 days (2 in the 6 spot - one of those days had a lefty on the mound, and one in the 2nd spot)
. So, he gets one day off 2 days after he makes an error, and you're blaming Lou for sitting him because of the error? And you're saying Lou didn't play him for days, which isn't true - July 2nd is the ONLY game he hasn't started since he was called up. Generally when a young guy gets called up, he gets days off here and there.

Yes thats what Im saying. I bolded your words because you said it a second time for me.

He made 2 errors, then was removed from the 2 hole and taken out of the lineup the next day. Fontenot was the hottest hitter on the cubs and was put in the 6 hole for a guy(Theirot who had rode the bench for a while) inexplicably.

Theirot was in the two hole for a while but that didnt last.

Pie was previously there but got yanked, and now the Cubs top prospect is sitting rotting on the Bench While Angel Pagain(Scrub) plays.

The Cubs went out and spent 100 million dollars on players, and there fans think Lou Pinella is reason for any type of turn around--All Ive seen from him inconsistant managing. My point I was making in the post, is as long as he is managing----Do not rely on Theirot, Fontenot, or anyone besides Lee, Ramirez, and Soriano in Chicago's lineup for fantasy. Save yourself the trouble of trying to rationalize Lou's actions like the poster above me is doing.
KR
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pantagrapher » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:40 pm

KR wrote:
Rounders wrote:

What? He made the error in the 1st, so they moved him over to 2B the next inning and Derosa to SS (wierd, but okay). Then he started the next day in the 6 hole, got the next day off, then has started the last 3 days (2 in the 6 spot - one of those days had a lefty on the mound, and one in the 2nd spot)
. So, he gets one day off 2 days after he makes an error, and you're blaming Lou for sitting him because of the error? And you're saying Lou didn't play him for days, which isn't true - July 2nd is the ONLY game he hasn't started since he was called up. Generally when a young guy gets called up, he gets days off here and there.

Yes thats what Im saying. I bolded your words because you said it a second time for me.

He made 2 errors, then was removed from the 2 hole and taken out of the lineup the next day. Fontenot was the hottest hitter on the cubs and was put in the 6 hole for a guy(Theirot who had rode the bench for a while) inexplicably.

Pie was previously there but got yanked, and now the Cubs top prospect is sitting rotting on the Bench While Angel Pagain(Scrub) plays.

The Cubs went out and spent 100 million dollars on players, and there fans think Lou Pinella is reason for any type of turn around--All Ive seen from him inconsistant managing. My point I was making in the post, is as long as he is managing----Do not rely on Theirot, Fontenot, or anyone besides Lee, Ramirez, and Soriano in Chicago's lineup for fantasy. Save yourself the trouble of trying to rationalize Lou's actions like the poster above me is doing.

And if the middle infield looks crazy now, just wait until Ronnie Cedeño gets called up.
pantagrapher
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Rounders » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:25 pm

KR wrote:
Rounders wrote:

You don't rely on Theriot, Fontenot, or Pie, but not because of where Lou puts them in the lineup. It's because they haven't been consistent, and they're all very young. And that's why Lou's moving them around, because he's going with hot bats in the 2 hole.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KR » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:47 pm

Rounders wrote:You don't rely on Theriot, Fontenot, or Pie, but not because of where Lou puts them in the lineup. It's because they haven't been consistent, and they're all very young. And that's why Lou's moving them around, because he's going with hot bats in the 2 hole.

Right, Lou is putting Only the Hot Bats in the 2 Hole.

Thats why he replaced Fontenot(hottest hitter on the planet at the point) in the 2 spot with Theirot who had basically been on the bench for weeks.
KR
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:28 pm

I like Fontenot better than my previous 2B, Kelly Johnson, even including the mini-slump he was in. Who knows who Lou will play on a regular basis, all I know is Fontenot is playing right now so that's good enough for me. If I had Chase Utley or something I wouldn't care, but I do 'cause I had mediocre options at 2B. I think it all depends on your situation as for how viable these guys are fantasy-wise.

Theriot seems to be getting a little less PT than Fontenot lately, although I'd keep both he and Fontenot on your radars if not on your rosters, as either of them could establish themselves at any point.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rounders » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:54 am

BillyHallDisciple wrote:I like Fontenot better than my previous 2B, Kelly Johnson, even including the mini-slump he was in. Who knows who Lou will play on a regular basis, all I know is Fontenot is playing right now so that's good enough for me. If I had Chase Utley or something I wouldn't care, but I do 'cause I had mediocre options at 2B. I think it all depends on your situation as for how viable these guys are fantasy-wise.

Theriot seems to be getting a little less PT than Fontenot lately, although I'd keep both he and Fontenot on your radars if not on your rosters, as either of them could establish themselves at any point.

And Theriot has gone 10/20 in the 2 hole since he was put there. You can get pissed at Lou all you want, but he's getting (or letting) the young guys produce. Maybe you want Dusty back so that Izturis, Derosa, and Jones will be out there every day. And maybe he'd trade for Neifi so that Fontenot and Theriot never have to play.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KR » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:58 pm

Rounders wrote:And Theriot has gone 10/20 in the 2 hole since he was put there. You can get pissed at Lou all you want, but he's getting (or letting) the young guys produce. Maybe you want Dusty back so that Izturis, Derosa, and Jones will be out there every day. And maybe he'd trade for Neifi so that Fontenot and Theriot never have to play.

Yea, Felix Pie, The Cubs TOP YOUNG prospect would have to disagree with you on that. You can currently find him rotting on the bench.

Theirot, Fontenot whoever will be next to him depending on which side of the Bed Lou wakes up on that day in the upcoming weeks/months.

The Cubs will be a better team as long as they keep spending the money--There not winning becuase of Pinella. There winning in spite of Pinella.

My favorite one this year---Lou about to make his closer Dempster who has a 3,3 ERA, and a Strikeout an inning into a starter, and take one of the better starting prospects in the cubs system a closer. Lou was excited about the prospect of ruining two positions at once----But in the end, thank god for cubs fans someone in the clubhouse talked some sense into Lou.
KR
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates