Ticked-Off MLB Limits ESPN Presence at All-Star Game - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ticked-Off MLB Limits ESPN Presence at All-Star Game

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ticked-Off MLB Limits ESPN Presence at All-Star Game

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:07 pm

why couldn't this happen to FOX? Anything to get them out of baseball.

Worst broadcasting in the game and tons of games are wrongly blacked out because of them. :-t
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nerfherders » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:50 pm

There's a little more to the story. The All-Star Selection show was set to air at 4pm EDT, immediately following the Braves-Marlins game (which had its own run-in with ESPN who was trying to get that game for their night game). The game had a 90 minute rain delay, followed by extra innings, and thus the selection show was pushed back two hours to about 5:50 pm. Its possible that ESPN was not aware of the delay, or through some other mixup had scheduled the all-star selections to be in their 6pm show and failed to take them out. Perhaps an honest mistake?
Nerfherders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 5)

Postby RugbyD » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:09 pm

Nerfherders wrote:There's a little more to the story. The All-Star Selection show was set to air at 4pm EDT, immediately following the Braves-Marlins game (which had its own run-in with ESPN who was trying to get that game for their night game). The game had a 90 minute rain delay, followed by extra innings, and thus the selection show was pushed back two hours to about 5:50 pm. Its possible that ESPN was not aware of the delay, or through some other mixup had scheduled the all-star selections to be in their 6pm show and failed to take them out. Perhaps an honest mistake?

how a network dedicated to being the first in line on everything sports overlooks a rain delay is beyond me.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby CrashOverrid3 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:17 pm

CadensDad wrote:Kinda glad TBS is doing more with baseball, for years the Braves have been a great national broadcast day in and day out. They ahve great coverage and always seem to have decent size commercial breaks and what not. they do a lot of trivia and other things to tie in with the show. It's always fun.

agreed.

I love the coverage and I love the fact that I get to see a game whenever the Braves play because TBS is there.
*I created this sig
CrashOverrid3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:52 pm

RugbyD wrote:Who is most 'now' athlete? who cares! lame waste of sportcenter.

Exactly. I am sick of that song ,and I am sick of Kirk Curbstreet? and his football bias .
I really like Wilbon and Keyshawn , I guess they had to throw Kirk in to be "token white guy". But really - if they talk sense , who cares what colour they are? ;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 24)

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:04 pm

RugbyD wrote:
Nerfherders wrote:There's a little more to the story. The All-Star Selection show was set to air at 4pm EDT, immediately following the Braves-Marlins game (which had its own run-in with ESPN who was trying to get that game for their night game). The game had a 90 minute rain delay, followed by extra innings, and thus the selection show was pushed back two hours to about 5:50 pm. Its possible that ESPN was not aware of the delay, or through some other mixup had scheduled the all-star selections to be in their 6pm show and failed to take them out. Perhaps an honest mistake?

how a network dedicated to being the first in line on everything sports overlooks a rain delay is beyond me.

Very good point. In any case, I like seeing ESPN get smacked down. Serves them right for ruining SportsCenter and Baseball Tonight. :-P
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Yoda » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:20 pm

RugbyD wrote:
acsguitar wrote:More annoying lame media conglomerate?

MLB or ESPN.

Man this is a tough one. Its like seeing whitney houston and bobby brown argue. You really don't know which side to take

ESPN by far. Who is most 'now' athlete? who cares! lame waste of sportcenter.

I concur. ESPN is H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E. I decided to flip to Sports Center and came across 'Now'. Popularity contest among active athletes is just what we need in sports. What an awful company ESPN turned into. Can we just nuke their HQ and be over with?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CrashOverrid3 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:34 pm

Yoda wrote:
RugbyD wrote:
acsguitar wrote:More annoying lame media conglomerate?

MLB or ESPN.

Man this is a tough one. Its like seeing whitney houston and bobby brown argue. You really don't know which side to take

ESPN by far. Who is most 'now' athlete? who cares! lame waste of sportcenter.

I concur. ESPN is H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E. I decided to flip to Sports Center and came across 'Now'. Popularity contest among active athletes is just what we need in sports. What an awful company ESPN turned into. Can we just nuke their HQ and be over with?

H*ll they pit Peyton Manning against some swimsuit model or something and they were trying to make a case for the woman... I mean she was hot, but def not more influential than Manning
*I created this sig
CrashOverrid3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:52 pm

CrashOverrid3 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
RugbyD wrote:ESPN by far. Who is most 'now' athlete? who cares! lame waste of sportcenter.

H*ll they pit Peyton Manning against some swimsuit model or something and they were trying to make a case for the woman... I mean she was hot, but def not more influential than Manning

You need to start watching more sports if you don't know who Amanda Beard is. %-6 :-L
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby CrashOverrid3 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:08 pm

I'm sorry I really don't watch anything other than Football, Baseball, Basketball, and Boxing.

I also watch skate boarding and "xtreme" stuff.
*I created this sig
CrashOverrid3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers