Name that SS, Hes on your WW. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Name that SS, Hes on your WW.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Name that SS, Hes on your WW.

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 pm

IllinoisBandit wrote:Are we really thinking this guy will steal more than one base a week from here on out?
If so I think I'm gonna have to give this kid a shot.
I'm desperate for SB.

He stole 35 bases in A+ ball in 2002 & 41 bases for AA New Britain in 2003, but only swiped 9 bases in 2004 combined, 6 in 2005, and 16 a year ago. So, your guess is as good as any body's.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KR » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:29 am

CBMGreatOne wrote:Funston, from Bargain Bin (July 2nd)
"Jason Bartlett, Min, SS – In his past 8 games, Bartlett is hitting .313 with 1 HR, 4 RBI, 9 R and 7 SB. His 10 SB in June was third-best in the league."

Behrens from RotoArcade (June 27th)
"Two little-owned players who can help if you're chasing steals: Carlos Gomez (eight SB in 35 games, 0.3 percent owned) and Jason Bartlett (15 SB in 67 games, 0.5 percent owned). Gomez has raised his batting average over 100 points so far in June, from .167 to .270. Bartlett has stolen six bases in his last five games. "

Evans from Weekly Rundown (July 1st)
"Inconspicuous thieves (Last 7 days): Jason Bartlett, Min, SS (10-28, 7 SB, 0.50% owned), Willie Harris, Atl, OF (3-10, 3 SB, 2.8%), Michael Bourn, Phi, OF (6-21, 3 SB, 0.08%), Joey Gathright, KC, OF (7-17, 3 SB, 0.29%)"

Hoffman from MLB Waiver Wire (July 2nd)
"Jason Bartlett, Minnesota Twins - Bartlett was scuffling at the end of May with a .241 average, but he sprung to life in June. The Twins shortstop batted .298 in the month and added two homers and 11 RBI, but he made his greatest fantasy impact on the bases. Bartlett stole 10 bases in June, including seven in his last seven games, and he now ranks ninth in the American League with 16 stolen bases on the season. Plus, he's starting to show signs that he could approach the .309 batting average he had in 2006. Bartlett is available in over 99 percent of leagues polled."

And I distinctly remember reading another blurb which may have actually been The Talented Mr. Roto, but I can't find it right now.

I still appreciate the yahoo guys and read them fairly religiously and they are usually on top of it. The Cafe is usually totally up to speed with them though, as a whole.

Basically what you have here is guys basically just sorting high average etc per week, and noting his steals totals. Everything you listed here could be found if your in a yahoo league by going to "Tools", and "Whos Hot". Its standard generic information---- Any player hot for a few weeks will be on there.

What this thread has provided you is statistics and reasons why Bartlett can SUSTAIN this type of offensive production, if not increase it. Big Difference. You have not seen his Line drive, Contact rate, etc calcalated anywhere but one place besides this post(Tim Dierkes). What my post describes to you is we may have "a Natural 300 hitter", who's average easily could be 320 with his LD %, hitting in one of the best spots in baseball with big time SB ability available on all of our WW's. None of which is generic "Who's Hot" Info.
KR
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shawngee03 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:11 pm

thank you cafe members. ive been killing myself w alex gonzalez for a while and needed a change. im not sure who will end up being better in teh long run, but a change was necessary
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers