Name that SS, Hes on your WW. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Name that SS, Hes on your WW.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Name that SS, Hes on your WW.

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:35 pm

No, it's Bartlett.

MVP: Morneau
HR Hitters: Hunter/Cuddyer
Fantasy Man 27
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KR » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:57 pm

Triplec223 wrote:Theriot? The man can hit...and run...

Its Bartlett, But damn thats a good guess.

I would think Theriot is def similar except he has no insurance of playing everyday, or stayin ghte two spot with Crazy Lou.

To compare though

Bartlett Bats in front of Mauer(Batting Champ), Morneau(MVP), Cuddyer + Hunter (Both 20-30 Hr, 100 RBI guys).

Theriot if he can find a spot in the 2 Slot bats after Soriano, Aram, and Derek Lee.

Theriot is on my team right now as well. If someone can just cement that #2 spot on the cubs it will be a great spot for fantasy.
KR
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:51 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Threads like this remind me why I love the cafe for great insight. Barlett is now on my radar thanks to this thread ;-D ;-D I dont think people like "Talented Mr. Roto" would mention someone like Bartlett ;-D

Nah, actually, though you might be right in this assumption a lot of the time, I very recently (pretty sure before this thread was started) read an article on yahoo saying that Bartlett was a guy to keep an eye on. I'll see if I can find the link.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby dclark0699 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:26 pm

Troy Tulowitski is the Shortstop who is all over my radar for next year. Bartlett loses out because my keeper team is pretty stacked in terms of speed.

I can see Tulo batting at the top of the Rocks order before Holliday, Helton, Atkins next year...or even in the 6 hole behind them all and putting up some big numbers.

I read on ESPN before the year started....take it with a grain of salt, it was on ESPN.com,... that they expect 30-35 HR power from Tulo in the future.

As a flip side to that, I haven't seen much of the 30 HR power they claimed Stephen Drew would show.

Over the past couple weeks Tulowitski has been raking in the Rockies order...someone to keep an eye on even for the second half
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:28 pm

TT is long gone in my leagues, as is Bartlett, but yeah, I like TT better of the two. I could use Bartlett right now as I have both Upton and Kinsler on the DL.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:43 pm

Talented Mr. Roto is about a week behind this site. He probably reads it for most of his ideas.

I like Aaron Gleeman from Rotoworld and the guy who tries to be funny all the time on Yahoo (and to his credit he succeeds half the time), forget his name... but I find that they have good non-FBC insight.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:56 pm

Funston, from Bargain Bin (July 2nd)
"Jason Bartlett, Min, SS – In his past 8 games, Bartlett is hitting .313 with 1 HR, 4 RBI, 9 R and 7 SB. His 10 SB in June was third-best in the league."

Behrens from RotoArcade (June 27th)
"Two little-owned players who can help if you're chasing steals: Carlos Gomez (eight SB in 35 games, 0.3 percent owned) and Jason Bartlett (15 SB in 67 games, 0.5 percent owned). Gomez has raised his batting average over 100 points so far in June, from .167 to .270. Bartlett has stolen six bases in his last five games. "

Evans from Weekly Rundown (July 1st)
"Inconspicuous thieves (Last 7 days): Jason Bartlett, Min, SS (10-28, 7 SB, 0.50% owned), Willie Harris, Atl, OF (3-10, 3 SB, 2.8%), Michael Bourn, Phi, OF (6-21, 3 SB, 0.08%), Joey Gathright, KC, OF (7-17, 3 SB, 0.29%)"

Hoffman from MLB Waiver Wire (July 2nd)
"Jason Bartlett, Minnesota Twins - Bartlett was scuffling at the end of May with a .241 average, but he sprung to life in June. The Twins shortstop batted .298 in the month and added two homers and 11 RBI, but he made his greatest fantasy impact on the bases. Bartlett stole 10 bases in June, including seven in his last seven games, and he now ranks ninth in the American League with 16 stolen bases on the season. Plus, he's starting to show signs that he could approach the .309 batting average he had in 2006. Bartlett is available in over 99 percent of leagues polled."

And I distinctly remember reading another blurb which may have actually been The Talented Mr. Roto, but I can't find it right now.

I still appreciate the yahoo guys and read them fairly religiously and they are usually on top of it. The Cafe is usually totally up to speed with them though, as a whole.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

Postby IllinoisBandit » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:28 pm

Are we really thinking this guy will steal more than one base a week from here on out?
If so I think I'm gonna have to give this kid a shot.
I'm desperate for SB.
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers