Bill Hall's injury...how bad? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Bill Hall's injury...how bad?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Bill Hall's injury...how bad?

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:26 pm

Brewers center fielder Bill Hall badly sprained his right ankle while leaping to try to catch Ryan Doumit’s solo home run for Pittsburgh in the second inning Thursday and will be out indefinitely…

Hall has a high ankle sprain, the more severe form of the injury and one that can sideline a football player for a month… “I hope it doesn’t take that long,” Hall said.

The Brewers aren’t estimating how long their 2006 team MVP will be out, but it will be until after the All-Star break… No fractures were revealed in X-rays taken in Pittsburgh, but Hall will undergo additional tests, including an MRI exam, in Milwaukee.

“I’ll have to wait and see how much swelling there is,” Hall said. “Hopefully I’m a quick healer.”

Yahoo! | FULL STORY
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:14 pm

Okay, I'm better with football than I am baseball. A high ankle sprain in football is a disaster. Your player is going to be out 1 to 2 months, and when he gets back, he usually just isn't going to be the same. Colston was never able to get it back going after he got his high ankle sprain last year, and that was a minor one as far as high ankle sprains go. Now football players are running all over the field, which puts more pressure on it than in baseball. But NL baseball players have to play out in the field, and all players have to run the bases. I'm thinking that, unless you have an extra DL spot, hes not worth holding onto at this point... but I'm going to wait to see how others feel before I drop him. It really does stink... he was just starting to do good.

Luckily for me, Vernon Wells has finally come alive...
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RD » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:21 pm

I had a severe high ankle sprain while playing football in college and I was on crutches for 4 weeks. After that, I could walk, but there's no way I could have played. The season ended, so I don't know a realistic timetable for return, but I would say easily 2 months. After that, you have to tack on some rehab time as well.
RD
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sandman042 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:31 pm

i just read an article on high ankle sprains

http://www.thedisabledlist.com/high-ank ... nio-pierce

it says anywhere from 2-8 weeks. hopfully hall isnt that bad.
sandman042
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Charlie4 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:20 am

GYUGFGFGFFHGFHGFHGN
Charlie4
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Vladiator » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:13 pm

Hate to be a downer here, but I suffered two high ankle sprains myself back in high school. They are *incredibly* painful, and very difficult to recover quickly from. Basically, any twisting or turning motion just aggravates the hell out of it. Definitely a frustrating type of injury, and I'd expect Hall's performance to still be hampered by it after he returns to action. :-{
Vladiator
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates