Bill Hall's injury...how bad? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Bill Hall's injury...how bad?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bill Hall's injury...how bad?

Postby BklynsFinest » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Just read that he was taken out of the game after suffering an apparent sprained ankle? Anyone advise any further?
BklynsFinest
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bill Hall's injury...how bad?

Postby BravesGuy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:59 pm

I can't find anything. He wasn't in last night's lineup, but I don't think thats related to what happened today. Was anyone watching the game?

Yahoo Game Notes:
MILWAUKEE CENTER FIELDER BILL HALL LEFT THE GAME IN THE BOTTOM OF THE SECOND INNING WITH AN APPARENT LOWER RIGHT LEG INJURY.
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 37)

Postby crimson knuckles » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:02 pm

Looked pretty bad. He tried robbing a homer and climbed the wall.....when he landed he was in instant pain. Could be an ankle or Knee injury....if its a knee im thinking ACL or MCL.
crimson knuckles
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sandman042 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:18 pm

according to rotoworld
Bill Hall left Thursday's game in the second inning with an apparent right ankle injury.

Hall was injured trying to rob Ryan Doumit of a home run. If he suffered a DL-type sprain, the Brewers would likely call up Tony Gwynn Jr. to share time with Gabe Gross in center field.
sandman042
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Boyakasha » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:26 pm

On the bright side, when he was walking off the field (with assistance), he was clearly putting weight on the injured leg. If that makes you Hall owners feel any better.
Boyakasha
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:07 pm

Man, he was finally hitting too. :~(
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BravesGuy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:39 pm

Brewers center fielder Bill Hall was helped off the field with an apparent right ankle injury after he leaped trying to catch Ryan Doumit's solo home run for Pittsburgh in the second inning Thursday. As Hall went back on the play, he used the center field wall padding as support and boosted himself up. After coming down, he lay on his back on the warning track for several minutes while trainers and teammates gathered around him. He limped off the field with support from the team's trainers.
(Updated 07/05/2007).

Hall, the Brewers' MVP last season, was back in the lineup after taking a day off Wednesday. He is hitting .272 with nine homers and 38 RBI. Track his news through the All-Star break before making a roster decision on him. He will likely take it easy this weekend.

from cbs.com
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 37)

Postby stonecoldgreek » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:02 pm

Bill Hall was diagnosed with a high right ankle sprain after landing awkwardly while trying to rob Ryan Doumit of a homer in Tuesday's game.

A high ankle sprain can by a 6-8 week injury, though the Brewers refused to place a timetable on him today. They'll likely recall Tony Gwynn Jr. and have him share time with Gabe Gross in center field until Hall return. Corey Hart can also play some center, which would open up right field for Kevin Mench.
stonecoldgreek
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sandman042 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:01 pm

[quote="stonecoldgreek"]Bill Hall was diagnosed with a high right ankle sprain after landing awkwardly while trying to rob Ryan Doumit of a homer in Tuesday's game.

A high ankle sprain can by a 6-8 week injury, though the Brewers refused to place a timetable on him today. They'll likely recall Tony Gwynn Jr. and have him share time with Gabe Gross in center field until Hall return. Corey Hart can also play some center, which would open up right field for Kevin Mench.[/quote]

w/ that said is it safe to drop hall?
sandman042
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GymRat33 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:10 pm

Here is a strange spin on this situation. I'm actually kind of happy about this, funny how injuries can actually help you in fantasy sometimes ...I have Tex coming off the DL soon and I was really wondering who I was going to drop when I had to activate him from the DL ...Hall is a bench player on my team so I should be fine without him for awhile hopefully. Sorry to those of you out there who start him on the regular. Hopefully he will be back sooner than later...
GymRat33
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates