Brendan Harris / Akinori Iwamura - Long Term: WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Brendan Harris / Akinori Iwamura - Long Term: WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brendan Harris / Akinori Iwamura - Long Term: WHIR

Postby OrangeWave » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:23 pm

I'm well aware of Harris' surprisingly solid play at SS, but what do you (anyone w/some insight) know about his long term? He's at SS now, but w/Brignac in the minors, how solid is that hold?

The same can be said for Iwamura and 3rd base prospect Longoria. Where do you see Iwamura in the not to distant future?
Last edited by OrangeWave on Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
OrangeWave
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brendan Harris / Akinori Iwamura - Long Term

Postby OrangeWave » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:02 pm

any TB experts out there?
OrangeWave
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby B-Chad » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:49 am

I don't know much about Iwamura but (I don't have a source unfortunately... you may want to consider googling to check my memory) I believe I read that there is a chance he may slide over to second base when Longoria is called up. I do know he was a gold glove caliber fielder in Japan, didn't run much but did have good speed, had good HR totals but that was more a product of the ballparks, and hit for a good average. As far as Brendan Harris, he isn't nearly as pressed as Iwamura assuming he doesn't move to second when Longoria comes up. Longoria is much closer to being MLB ready. I remember reading an article as a former Brendan Harris owner a while back saying that his numbers shouldn't be a complete surprise. I know he's been a very solid minor league hitter... around a .300 hitter with roughly 15-20 HR power projected over the course of a 550 ish ab season. His minor league track record, and thus far in the bigs, he's posted a solid BB:K ratio, which to me is a great peripheral stat to use in gauging whether a hitter can maintain a good average. I also remember reading that when Harris was drafted Omar Minaya, said he felt Brendan Harris, with his line drive swing, would be a consistant .290-.300 ish hitter with 20 HR ish power... considering Minaya was with the Expos when they originally drafted Harris, I'd say he might have been on to something. Once again, I don't have a source... but I DO know for fact I read that, I believe on Yahoo.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby OrangeWave » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:44 pm

Thanks B-Chad for the reply; It was helpful. I guess to be more specific, I'm in a keeper league and currenlty have Harris playing 2B (has eligibility from last year) and Hardy at SS. I'm looking ahead to next year and hopin' to again play Harris at 2B; however, he needs to play 2B four more times this year to again be eligible for 2B next year.

I've heard reports here/there about Iwamura going to 2B with Longoria soon to be in the picture. (FYI - I have Longoria on my MiL roster.) I'm just trying to figure out should I hold onto Harris and hope he gets some 2B eligibility or should I deal him. Brignac is in the minors for TB and I'm not sure TB's plans for that crowded infield (and soon to be even more crowded).

Anyone else with updates/knowledge/info on TB's infield, Iwamura, or Harris? Thanks in advance!
OrangeWave
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Crystalstorm » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:20 pm

Harris,A TOP 10 2B from her on out. GURENTEED !!!!!!!!!!
Crystalstorm
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Brendan Harris / Akinori Iwamura - Long Term: WHIR

Postby OrangeWave » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:36 pm

Anyone with any TB infield update?
OrangeWave
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates