Anyone notice since Dukes left, the Rays have tanked? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

Anyone notice since Dukes left, the Rays have tanked?

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

Anyone notice since Dukes left, the Rays have tanked?

Postby scr » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:37 am

Maybe it's my imagination, but I think ever since the DFO left Dukes swinging in the wind, and then shipping him off to Siberia, the team as a whole has gone in the tank.

Perhaps the complete media screwjob on the kid, then the DFO's failure to protect the kid (and stand up to the media) has had a deep effect on the players- as I'm sure they knew the real story.

So, lets examine once again how a team can suffer financial losses due to a reckless, tabloid media: Player gets screwed over by press. Team fails to protect player, instead gives in to the screwjob, and further screws player. Teamates react by going into a funck, can't concentrate, can't hit, can't pitch, can't field (After all, they could be the next targets). Losing becomes an epidemic. Fans get frustrated-no longer show up. Club faces expenses without revenues. Club must either fold or move or sell.

Many thanks to the Times!

I heard next week the SPT will expose Delmon for throwing his hat in the clubhouse, and then farting in the direction of the SPT beatwriter! Robbie Neyer is expected to do a follow up column on the ESPN site. Stay Tuned!
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Anyone notice since Dukes left, the Rays have tanked?

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:27 am

I had noticed the same thing as well. I guess it shows that maybe Elijah had more support in the clubhouse then DRO originally thought.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:21 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:I had noticed the same thing as well. I guess it shows that maybe Elijah had more support in the clubhouse then DRO originally thought.

I think thats part of it, but i also think what happened when we lost him in the field was more telling. We had to move Young to CF and play Gomes :-t or Norton :-t or Mohr :-t in the OF. Young made 1 error in RF, but has made 3 or 4 in CF. The defense in the OF has suffered immensley and i think all of that is taking its toll on them in the field and the plate.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:13 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:I had noticed the same thing as well. I guess it shows that maybe Elijah had more support in the clubhouse then DRO originally thought.

I think thats part of it, but i also think what happened when we lost him in the field was more telling. We had to move Young to CF and play Gomes :-t or Norton :-t or Mohr :-t in the OF. Young made 1 error in RF, but has made 3 or 4 in CF. The defense in the OF has suffered immensley and i think all of that is taking its toll on them in the field and the plate.

yea that is true. The loss of Upton for a while has not helped at all either.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Tampa Bay Rays