Cubs baby - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cubs baby

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby StLrEdBiRdS2004 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:16 pm

ya the cards will be lookin good come 2006, theyll have there new ballpark and a lot more cash to spend(hopefully). Im still not counting them out for this year. They improved there offense with Reggie Sanders(I dont care what people say about JD Drew, Ive been to a ton of cardinal games this past year and he played prob 20 percent of the games i went to! HE SUCKS). They also improved their bullpen. There Starting Pitching got a little better because Suppan is a small upgrade from Tomko, and Marquis and Carpenter could be ok. GO CARDS

http://excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=1400
StLrEdBiRdS2004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bsblallstr » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:26 pm

if the cubbies win the series you better believe that they will shell out a ton of money to keep most of these players intact, they cant afford to go back into being one of the crap teams again, it will be a long while before they get away from it. so i think that they will increase their payroll if they make the series, just to keep most of their guys, and sosa is not going to get an increase in his contract, he would have gotten it before , he isnt gonna get vlad guerrero type money sorry.
Reyes and guerrero, the two most blessed players in the league, not to mention the most fun to watch
bsblallstr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wrveres » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:38 pm

Sosa wil be 37 when his 19 million per year contract is up. Are you saying that he shold go play for another team? where is the Loyalty. If Sammy does stay in CHC ... He is going to be paid . My guess .. 10-12 million per, which is a huge drop off from the 19 million he gets now. How is that a raise?

And CHC was just a couple of outs from the series last year ... Is that not good enough to increase payroll?

they were at 86 million last year and raised it only 6 million this season to 92 million. .. How much more are they gonna increase it .. ? curious ..
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Postby StLrEdBiRdS2004 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:40 pm

I LOVE THESE CARDS CUBS HEATED DISCUSSIONS!!!!!!!!!!

http://excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=1400
StLrEdBiRdS2004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bsblallstr » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:22 am

first of all the cards suck, i love pujols and morris and most their team, but they suck, didnt even make the playoffs, and wont make it until the astros and cubs suck again, which wont be for a while, second of all, they will increase payroll, probably to the 100-110 mil range, they have a huge market, and that will be plenty to keep all of their guys, who will get a significant increase, prior will, but no one else, sorry but D. Lee is not gonna make 10 mil a year and if he does, i say let him walk, you can sign a great 1B for that money, they have all the pieces in place and i dont see how a team could beat them unless the astros reverse their aging stars trends, clemens will decline as well as biggio and bagwell, and those are huge guys for them. Zambrano is getting better, so just watch out, id still rather have the cubs rotation, and lineup
Reyes and guerrero, the two most blessed players in the league, not to mention the most fun to watch
bsblallstr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ramble2 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:28 am

wrveres wrote:also "By Law" every Cubs post should end with one of these. As a matter of fact, they can hand these out before every home game .. kind of like a reality check ...

:-D

LMAO!

And wrveres, what could possibly make you think that the Tribune won't shell out for all those players? (Aside from almost their entire history of ownership, that is ...) ;-7

(All kidding aside, I think it'd be great if they managed to keep both Prior and Wood around. But if they let Wood get to free agency, I don't see the Trib matching the Yankees offer ...)
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Re: Hey everybody

Postby wrveres » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:37 am

harry_karry wrote:your right, i did ask you what kind of a name fumbler was, but still its a football name, and not a good one at that, do you suck or something so you named yourself fumbler, get the heck out of my cafe, cubs win, cards go down. and for the record, cubs win again

hey play nice. I've never hit somebody with glasses, but there is always a first time ... so play nice. ;-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Postby bsblallstr » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:19 pm

bartman was an debauchle, he should be mambed for what he did, i will never forgive him for what he did, i mean moises alou was mad, and is moises alou ever mad, gosh sometimes i hate my fellow fans, anyways the cubs are the best team around now, sorry cards and astros, what til prior retires to win again, so what like 20 years, then you might be good again.
bsblallstr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Steve_Bartman » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:47 am

bsblallstr wrote:bartman was an debauchle, he should be mambed for what he did, i will never forgive him for what he did, i mean moises alou was mad, and is moises alou ever mad, gosh sometimes i hate my fellow fans, anyways the cubs are the best team around now, sorry cards and astros, what til prior retires to win again, so what like 20 years, then you might be good again.

Hey man thats messed up ... I was just trying to catch the ball. You would have done the same thing too ... See its idiots like this that almost forced me to move. ...

By the way, I have had alot of threats lately, but never that. What is "mambed" anyways? Thats a new one on me. I'll run it past my little leaguers. You seem to communictae at their level. Maybe they know what "mambed" is ... hmmmm :-?
[color=green][b]"I ain't afraid of no goats"[/b][/color]
Steve_Bartman Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Location: Looking for awnsers to the Paranormal, Goats, and Jinxes

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers