Josh Johnson back to DL? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Josh Johnson back to DL?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Josh Johnson back to DL?

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:54 am

Josh Johnson will go back on the disabled list after leaving Wednesday's game with forearm stiffness.
The Marlins won't know the severity of the problem for a day or two, but with the All-Star break coming up, they'll take the extra roster spot now. Eric Reed will be called up to replace him.

Great. Hopefully this isn't anything serious. But after him being out for as long as he was, I'm sure all owners would be some what concerned about this. :-o
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Josh Johnson back to DL?

Postby JKelleyRice996 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:15 pm

I am somewhat concerned...I was hoping for atleast a months performance out of him before he got hurt again. I guess I will have to keep being patient with him.
JKelleyRice996
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ahuff » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:30 am

Aug 1 The South Florida Sun-Sentinel's Steve Gorten is reporting Florida Marlins SP Josh Johnson (elbow) will visit orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala., on Aug. 2, and it will likely be confirmed he needs Tommy John surgery. "We are not optimistic," Marlins general manager Larry Beinfest said. KFFL

This doesn't sound good!!!!
ahuff
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wildbill » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:28 am

ahuff wrote:
Aug 1 The South Florida Sun-Sentinel's Steve Gorten is reporting
Florida Marlins SP Josh Johnson (elbow) will visit orthopedic surgeon
Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala., on Aug. 2, and it will likely be
confirmed he needs Tommy John surgery. "We are not optimistic," Marlins
general manager Larry Beinfest said. KFFL

This doesn't sound good!!!!

Wow! The South Florida Sun-Sentinel is behind the times. I recall reading about this somewhere else several days ago. Maybe they have really old, really slow people writing that paper.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ahuff » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:33 pm

MIAMI GARDENS - The Marlins' worst fears were realized Thursday after orthopedic surgeon James Andrews examined right-hander Josh Johnson.

Johnson is set to undergo Tommy John surgery Friday.

The diagnosis wasn't unexpected. Everyone from owner Jeffrey Loria to General Manager Larry Beinfest to Johnson's close friends on the team anticipated this outcome. Average recovery time from the procedure is a little more than a full year, but many pitchers require closer to 18 months.

The Marlins likely will operate under the assumption Johnson will not pitch for them in 2008.

Johnson is the Marlins' second second-year right-hander whose season will end with a surgical procedure. Anibal Sanchez was diagnosed with a torn labrum and is out until 2008.

Initially diagnosed with an irritated ulnar nerve, Johnson did not make his 2007 debut until June. He made four starts, exiting the last one on July 4 in San Diego after five shutout innings with forearm tightness. Johnson was optimistic he would be back, but he felt discomfort in his elbow after his second rehab start.

From South Florida Sun Sentinal
ahuff
College Coach
College Coach

Postby woodson_28 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:17 pm

dropped him for K. Wood today. I was sick of having a SP always bouncing onto the DL so J.J had to go.
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Hawks Fan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:33 pm

short of being in a keeper league, there is no reason to have josh johnson on any sort of fantasy team. he's thrown 15 terrible innings this year and been on the DL the rest of the time. he had a good year last year as a rookie so therefore he must be great again this year huh? well done.
Hawks Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates