Boston fans....... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Boston fans.......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Boston fans.......

Postby bruuno2 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:59 am

First off i must say, the 6 hour drive from S Jersey was well worth the trip to a saturday night game at Fenway.The city was awesome,clean,safe, unlike other games i've been to.Being a phillies fan,i must say kudos to your city.What is the significance of the song,"sweet caroline"?
bruuno2
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Boston fans.......

Postby dodgers6 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:08 am

no significance just a huge fan favorite, I believe they sing it at the J-E-T-S games
dodgers6
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:52 pm

Boston is a great city and a great baseball city. ;-D ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby byfrcp » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:01 pm

TOUCHING ME... TOUCHING YOUUUU!!!!!
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Field » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:03 pm

I watched the game on TV last night, and I was laughing really hard when I over-heard a fan yell: "Navarro, .179? You've gotta be kidding me! .179!"
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby theclefe » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:07 pm

Field wrote:I watched the game on TV last night, and I was laughing really hard when I over-heard a fan yell: "Navarro, .179? You've gotta be kidding me! .179!"

That wasn't a fan, it was Julio Lugo. It is amazing how cocky he got after 2 hits.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Cobaltred » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:36 pm

My cousin was up from Philly for the week and we went to last night's game. He had a similar reaction to you. As he said, "I gotta admit, I like to give Boston fans a hard time, but it's pretty awesome that the stadium is packed and on it's feet with a 4 run lead in the 9th inning." Place was also packed by the first pitch. The new owners have done a ton to make the stadium a better experience: they closed down the streets around the stadium making it just one huge party atmosphere, they improved the quality of the food and bathrooms at the park, they expanded the seating, replaced many of the old wooden seats, not to mention the improvement of the product on the field!

Thanks for the kind words and come back to friendly Fenway any time!
Cobaltred
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bceagles04 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:54 pm

Fenway is so awesome. Sweet Caroline sucks, I hate it for some reason. Anyway, as much money and time that has been put into Fenway, we still need a new park. If you have ever sat in right field, along hte first base line, you know what I mean. The seats face the jumbo tron in Center Field. I wake up with a neck cramp the next day...it sucks. That being said, it is still one of (if not the best) baseball experiences in the country.
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bloody Sox » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:45 am

theclefe wrote:
Field wrote:I watched the game on TV last night, and I was laughing really hard when I over-heard a fan yell: "Navarro, .179? You've gotta be kidding me! .179!"

That wasn't a fan, it was Julio Lugo. It is amazing how cocky he got after 2 hits.

LOL!!!

Funny, I was at the game Saturday night, and it wasn't nearly as "energetic" as for several other games I've been to this year. I think the fact that the Sox jumped out to a quick 4-0 lead caused everyone to relax... until the 8th and 9th when everyone was hoping we'd come back on Otsuka and Gagne.

As utterly corny as it is, I love Sweet Caroline... its so bad that its good.

I can do without the wave, however... only in Boston.

As for needing a new park... yeah, they've made a TON of improvements in the last few years... but as bceagles said, there is much still to be done. Don't know if it can be done without a new park. If they were able to rotate those RF seats about 30 degrees counterclockwise (they'd lose 100s of seats in the process) and figure out how to increase capacity elsewhere, that would rock.

Gotta love Fenway!
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Return to Baseball Leftovers