Crawford, Anything wrong with him(besides sucking?) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Crawford, Anything wrong with him(besides sucking?)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Crawford, Anything wrong with him(besides sucking?)

Postby sliders51 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:25 pm

Crap, I have him, as well as the all-to streaky Soriano and Beltran ... and I am in a H2H league. I have been very frustrated with the streaky nature of my OF. Anyone I could target in a trade who is the model of consistency?

Vlad and Holliday among OF's
sliders51
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sigriffey » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:33 pm

I have Matsui on my bench, so I could shop one of Beltran, Soriano, or Crawford for any consistent position player and play them at util ... the guys with vlad and halladay, understandably, don't want to part with them. Any other suggestions while we are on the topic of Crawford's streakiness?
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby rowe33 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:47 pm

sigriffey wrote:I have Matsui on my bench, so I could shop one of Beltran, Soriano, or Crawford for any consistent position player and play them at util ... the guys with vlad and halladay, understandably, don't want to part with them. Any other suggestions while we are on the topic of Crawford's streakiness?

I'd suggest you wait until he has a good week to shop him around since obviously his value's going to be lower right now while he sucks it up. His strikeouts really kill him when he's in these slumps since it eliminates his entire speed advantage. If he were making contact then he could beat some grounders out at the very least.
rowe33
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KrunK » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:37 am

I'm kind of irritated with this major slump he's going through, but I see him pulling out if by the end of this week. He's had streaks not quite as bad as this earlier in the year, so I'm not too worried. He'll go back on a tear and all will be good in the world. I've got Corey Hart in the utility right now since Crawford is doing nothing and Tejada is on the DL, so I'm not complaining. I can at least count on at least a hit from him ;-D
Credit to smoovethug on the sig
KrunK
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pangbones » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:42 pm

He's striking out at a much higher rate this year, than in years past. That is a concern for me, but other than that, he's doing about what I expected. I would like to see some more power, and SB's though.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Secret Avatar » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:44 am

Even the best players have down years and this is likely Crawford's. He just can't seem to avoid extended slumps where he can't buy himself a hit with all of Arod's money. Even so, he's likely to finish with something like 290-12-90-85-45 which is pretty good for a "down" year, and there's always a chance he puts together a torrid week or two to get the numbers up closer to where he should be.

Overall, this seems to be a year where many established studs are having down years (Crawford, Ortiz, Hafner, Pujols, etc.) while comeback studs (Sheff, Ordonez) and newer faces (Holliday, Hanley, Prince, etc.) are tearing it up.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby mtxdevil » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:41 am

Secret Avatar wrote:Overall, this seems to be a year where many established studs are having down years (Crawford, Ortiz, Hafner, Pujols, etc.) while comeback studs (Sheff, Ordonez) and newer faces (Holliday, Hanley, Prince, etc.) are tearing it up.

Keep in mind we're only halfway through the season. Anything can happen after the break. That being said, yes some of the more proven studs are having down years, but it's also likely they'll turn it around. ;-D

(I have Pujols) :-B
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jnormy » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:42 am

pangbones wrote:He's striking out at a much higher rate this year, than in years past. That is a concern for me, but other than that, he's doing about what I expected. I would like to see some more power, and SB's though.

Agreed, I think the steals being down is the biggest issue with him this year because that's primarily what most owners draft him for. Otherwise, I think the only thing wrong with Crawford is people's overblown expectations of him.
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby rowe33 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:41 pm

Nice to see Crawford finally showing some power when it matters...in an exhibition game. Thanks Carl, now can you actually do it in a real game?
rowe33
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:22 am

I don't understand why people keep expecting power from Crawford... his career high is 18.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates