How many of you are truly 3-sportdextrous in fantasy? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

How many of you are truly 3-sportdextrous in fantasy?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: How many of you are truly 3-sportdextrous in fantasy?

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:58 pm

Amazinz wrote:I play fantasy hockey instead of basketball. I've drifted as a basketball fan and only play fantasy occasionally. However, I wouldn't call myself a Fantasy Hockey expert. My knowledge of the low tier of players and the minor/European leagues is minimal.

:-t :-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:59 pm

I play 3. Love fantasy baseball and hockey. Really like fantasy football.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:00 pm

I'm most successful in fantasy baseball, which tends to be my favorite fantasy sport for a variety of reasons. However, I don't find fantasy baseball (or any other fantasy sport for that matter) to be as addictive as in the past.

I play fantasy football as well, but I don't follow my team as well as fantasy player news as much as I do with fantasy baseball. I'm extremely apathetic about the NFL or just football in general.

I played fantasy basketball for one season and grew heavily disenchanted by January. I won the league quite handily but didn't care. I much prefer playing basketball than fantasy basketball, but honestly, I think I know much more about basketball from an analytical standpoint than I do with baseball.

I never tried fantasy hockey and was willing to do it last year, but forgot to actually join a league. Hockey, to me, seems like a fad that I participated in my teens.

The only other fantasy game (aside from fantasy baseball) that I play religiously is fantasy soccer. I have a team for each European league, a few in the Premiership, a few in La Liga, one in Serie A, and one in the Bundesliga. I've had a few teams win this past year in a salary cap league. Like basketball, I have a greater analytical knowledge of soccer than I do with baseball.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 660)

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:33 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I play fantasy hockey instead of basketball. I've drifted as a basketball fan and only play fantasy occasionally. However, I wouldn't call myself a Fantasy Hockey expert. My knowledge of the low tier of players and the minor/European leagues is minimal.

image removed

:-t :-D

I'm just being modest. Now that I have a few beers him... :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mugrila » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:37 pm

I've tried basketball and hockey, but couldn't get into them (slight understatement.) It's safe to say I'll be sticking with baseball and football.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby sportsguy138 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:47 pm

The two fantasy sports that I play are hockey and baseball. I'm more knowledgeable in baseball than I am in hockey, although you would probably think the opposite because I'm Canadian. :-b

The only time I watch basketball is when the Raptors are in the playoffs (not very often obviously :-b), and the only time I watch football is if the Bears are on TV, or if the super bowl is on.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:57 pm

yes i enjoy all 3. sundays during fantasy football season are amazing, but every other day of the week sucks if you ask me. and unless you play in a deeper league, whether it be teams or alot of positions, i think its fairly boring as everyone has good teams. we double the positions in my league (2 qb, 4 wr, 3 rb, 2 te, k, and IDP) way more fun that way. basketball is very fun too and im going to respond to coppermine's post by saying that i doubt your league was as competitive as you think.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:21 pm

I used to do all three. Now I only do baseball and football for fun.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Danger » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:52 pm

I play all 3 as well. Baseball is by far the most addictive for me because there seem to be more elements to the game than the other 2. I tried playing hockey with my friend but found I can't find interest in playing fantasy for a sport I can't stand to watch on television %-6 Football was really fun but I was one of the many that got steamrolled by the LT train last year and couldn't do anything about it so that made me turn a bit of a cold shoulder to it but hopefully I can rebound this year. Only thing that sucks about football is that there's a lot of downtime.
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mweir145 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:04 pm

I play 5 (baseball, football, basketball, hockey, golf).

I'd rank my knowledge in each of them probably like this:
1. Baseball
2. Basketball
3. Golf
4. Football
5. Hockey
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)