How many of you are truly 3-sportdextrous in fantasy? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

How many of you are truly 3-sportdextrous in fantasy?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How many of you are truly 3-sportdextrous in fantasy?

Postby orange12 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:09 am

Just curious, how many people here can honestly say they enjoy playing and are competitive each year in all three of the big sports? (Baseball, basketball, and football.) I find myself most knowledgeable about baseball and I did pick up fantasy basketball a few years back and love the game now. But for the life of me I can't get into fantasy football or care for the game beyond which teams are winning and who's the top stars. Can anyone say they love playing fantasy games for all three sports?

Also, anyone 4-sportdextrous? (With expertise in hockey, golf, nascar, etc...)
orange12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How many of you are truly 3-sportdextrous in fantasy?

Postby cordscords » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:16 am

I feel I'm an "expert" at baseball and football, but totally suck at any other sports.

I've won a few leagues or placed high in basketball or hockey, but it was by 100% pure luck. The next year I dropped like a fly in the standings, and rightfully so.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:01 am

I love baseball and find it far and away the best fantasy exp. then football which I feel confident in, and basketball I get all into at the begining, but it hasn't been able to sustain my interest.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:28 am

I play fantasy hockey instead of basketball. I've drifted as a basketball fan and only play fantasy occasionally. However, I wouldn't call myself a Fantasy Hockey expert. My knowledge of the low tier of players and the minor/European leagues is minimal.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stevethumb » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:29 am

i'm a one-trick pony and although i enjoy the NFL games i would never consider it a fantasy alternative...the NBA... nah, NHL... i don't think so ...fantasy golf is interesting in the right format
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:53 am

I'm mildly competitive in fantasy football but I definitely don't take it as seriously as I take fantasy baseball. How can I? They don't play most of the week. I played fantasy basketball as a joke for the first time this year. I know nothing about it or the NBA and I can name every NBA player I know on one hand. I wasn't even sure what an SF was. I played in a 10-team league with 9 other fairly knowledgeable and competitive guys. It was roto style.

Not only did I win the league, but I won by a landslide... trash talking the entire way. This just goes to show how reject fantasy basketball is; I drafted from a draft list I found after 5 minutes of Googling, and then just add/dropped players based on their Yahoo ranking throughout the season. End result was a dominant team. Throughout I didn't read any NBA news or watch a single second of an NBA game. I'd put money on the same practice next year.

What's up with the NBA not having a DL/IR? That pissed me off for a while, but otherwise I just checked my team's lineup regularly and made sure whoever could play that day was playing. That's it, fantasy basketball is a joke.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby sportsfan1433 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:53 am

I Play all 3. Im the best in fantasy baseball, im winning all 4 of the leagues im in. I love to play fantasy football and im ok in tht. I won 1 league came in 3rd, came in 5th, and than came in 8th in one. Basketball i was in 2 leagues and won one and came in 7th in the other. I enjoy baseball the most by far.
sportsfan1433
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Old_Style » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:17 pm

I haven't played fantasy football for a few years. I signed up for a couple leagues for next season, we'll see how that goes. I'm in a two team NASCAR league with my buddy. That's pretty much just for bragging rights. I plan on joining a hockey league next season, but I'm sure I'll forget about it after the first week or so.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:47 pm

Quit football a long time ago but I am probalby going to play this year.

I used to be a big hockey guru (always loaded up on stud defensemen) and won a bunch of titles before the strike. Haven't gone back.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby sportsaddict » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:29 pm

I play both fantasy baseball and football and care about both equally. Completely different games but both very fun in their own ways. I like baseball for the strategy and marathon-like season which I find very exciting. But I play football because there's nothing like football on a Sunday (and I like to watch the NFL a bit more than the MLB although both are fine).

I casually follow the NBA so I don't play fantasy basketball. I'm a huge college hoops fan so the NBA kind of turns me off.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to General Talk