Capuano? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Capuano?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Capuano?

Postby prricci » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:18 pm

He lasted 3.1 innings was he pulled or injured again? Anyone know?
prricci
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Capuano?

Postby TheBigEasy » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:44 pm

Pulled...had it going early but looked like he got tired. I imagine they had him on a pitch count anyways...
TheBigEasy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wildbill » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:47 pm

prricci wrote:He lasted 3.1 innings was he pulled or injured again? Anyone know?
According to the box score he was up to 84 pitches. I'm guessing he was on a pitch count and having lots of command issues and that's why he got pulled, but its just a guess. On another note, looks like Gallardo got lit up like a christmas tree coming out of the pen.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bwagner112 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:59 pm

wildbill wrote:
prricci wrote:He lasted 3.1 innings was he pulled or injured again? Anyone know?
According to the box score he was up to 84 pitches. I'm guessing he was on a pitch count and having lots of command issues and that's why he got pulled, but its just a guess. On another note, looks like Gallardo got lit up like a christmas tree coming out of the pen.

Yeah, I think a lot of people wasted a high waiver pick on a long reliever...its a shame, he could have some good numbers if they kept him in the rotation.
bwagner112
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JKelleyRice996 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:38 pm

bwagner112 wrote:
wildbill wrote:

Yeah, I think a lot of people wasted a high waiver pick on a long reliever...its a shame, he could have some good numbers if they kept him in the rotation.

It's worth the gamble in Gallardo. I am just glad that we finally know what is going on for the short run with Gallardo. For those in Keeper Leagues, Gallardo will be a wise investment if kept.
JKelleyRice996
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby prricci » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:09 pm

Thanks guys.

I agree on Gallardo...had him and dropped him when Cap came back. Would rather have seen what Gallardo could do the rest of the season as he looked good so far as a starter.
prricci
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:05 pm

cappy will be fine. He was on a pitch count yesterday, he had 60+ pitches thru 3 innings. Then he started to get roughed up in the 4th so they took him out. He didn't look bad, it just looked like he had some rust and a little bit of control issues.

Gallardo on the other hand, he will get his shot. But everyone knew when they used there waiver on him that this was going to happen. The Brew Crew already had a set rotation.
But don't forget who is the ace of the staff? Ben Sheets, a guy who you can just about count on for atleast one injury a season ;-D Gallardo will get another shot
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates