Postby 405z06 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:17 pm

+
405z06
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Big Unit Scratched tonight

Postby cwrtlm » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:33 pm

No Way, If this is true I am through with this piece of garbage. The D-Backs are as bad as the Patriots about hiding injuries. Can they not tell that he isn't goign to start a few days before I set my weekly lineups? If he doesn't make his 2nd start this week I am dropping him and not looking back. :-C
C- Hundley, Iannetta
1b- Wallace
2b- Barney/Barmes
3b- J. Lopez
CO- G. Sanchez
SS- Tulo
MI- Castro
OF- Bay, Hart, Pagan, Smith, Francisco, Ankiel
U- C. Ross(DL), Cantu
P- Carpent, Billings, Volquez, Marcum, Norris, J. Vazquez, Westbrook, Wolf, E Rogers
cwrtlm
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 5 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:12 pm

yup, back on the DL

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-diamondbacks-johnsonsidelined&prov=ap&type=lgns

PHOENIX (AP) -- Arizona pitcher Randy Johnson was put on the 15-day disabled list for the third time this season, sidelined Tuesday because of a sore back right before his scheduled start at St. Louis.

The Diamondbacks promoted 22-year-old righty Yusmeiro Petit from Triple-A Tucson to pitch in Johnson's place.

Johnson is 4-3 with a 3.81 ERA this year. The 43-year-old lefty had back surgery last October and recently was diagnosed with a herniated disk.

Johnson began the season on the disabled list, then returned to the DL on June 11. The latest move was made retroactive to June 29.

Petit pitched once for Arizona earlier this season. He lost 2-1 at San Francisco on April 22, giving up two runs and four hits in seven innings.

Updated on Tuesday, Jul 3, 2007 5:00 pm EDT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Athrun340 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:59 pm

worst week as a fantasy player ever.. :-[

hanley, gallardo imploding, RJ going back to DL

my opponent doing well.. 7 rbis yesterday .. dice k throwing a gem ..

WOW im done.. :-°
^^Ty Smoovethug^^
Athrun340
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby devastor » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:09 pm

DAMN IT!

with A.J. and Burnett going BACK to the DL, who to I drop!! Johnson has been awesome when he actually plays.
devastor
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby stonecoldgreek » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:36 pm

i have the same problem, i dumped a.j. thinking of doing the same with randy, i only have 1 dl spot in my league
stonecoldgreek
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AdvRider » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:50 am

cwrtlm wrote: Can they not tell that he isn't goign to start a few days before I set my weekly lineups?

Melvin to Weigh Fantasy Impact in D'Backs Starting Lineups

July 5, 2007
PHOENIX (AP) -- Arizona Diamondbacks Manager Bob Melvin vowed on Thursday he would “make every effort” to decide on starting lineups days before games are actually played to help fantasy baseball managers adjust their rosters for weekly matchups.

“I have to apologize to the fantasy baseball world for the confusion over Randy Johnson’s scheduled start this week,” Melvin said. “I know a lot of guys in head-to-head leagues had Randy penciled in, and I probably screwed things up when I scratched him from the rotation.

“In retrospect, I should have sent the Big Unit out to the mound with his herniated disk and all,” Garner added. “Should have given him a shot of cortisone and let him hurl.”

Pitcher Brandon Webb, last year’s NL Cy Young winner, said that Melvin and other major league managers could use sensitivity training to better understand the ramifications that gametime decisions can have on fantasy baseball.

“Unless it’s a real emergency, you’ve got to stick with the rotation,” Webb said. “A bad back isn’t an emergency. There’s no good reason Johnson shouldn’t have been out there pitching. We have to keep the fantasy public in mind.”
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 17)

Postby dundeeslugger » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:46 pm

AdvRider wrote:
cwrtlm wrote: Can they not tell that he isn't goign to start a few days before I set my weekly lineups?

Melvin to Weigh Fantasy Impact in D'Backs Starting Lineups

July 5, 2007
PHOENIX (AP) -- Arizona Diamondbacks Manager Bob Melvin vowed on Thursday he would “make every effort” to decide on starting lineups days before games are actually played to help fantasy baseball managers adjust their rosters for weekly matchups.

“I have to apologize to the fantasy baseball world for the confusion over Randy Johnson’s scheduled start this week,” Melvin said. “I know a lot of guys in head-to-head leagues had Randy penciled in, and I probably screwed things up when I scratched him from the rotation.

“In retrospect, I should have sent the Big Unit out to the mound with his herniated disk and all,” Garner added. “Should have given him a shot of cortisone and let him hurl.”

Pitcher Brandon Webb, last year’s NL Cy Young winner, said that Melvin and other major league managers could use sensitivity training to better understand the ramifications that gametime decisions can have on fantasy baseball.

“Unless it’s a real emergency, you’ve got to stick with the rotation,” Webb said. “A bad back isn’t an emergency. There’s no good reason Johnson shouldn’t have been out there pitching. We have to keep the fantasy public in mind.”

This can't be serious. Is this an onion article?
dundeeslugger
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby AdvRider » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:23 pm

This can't be serious. Is this an onion article?

Nah, just having a little fun on the keyboard ... beats work! :-b Though I do love The Onion ....

Johnson is frustrating for sure. I dropped him the other day and took a chance on Billingsley.
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 17)

Postby Tigers2006 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:49 pm

AdvRider, that is some CLASSIC fantasy smack talk, man! Nice job on the article!
Tigers2006
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates