Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Uggla is sinking

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Uggla is sinking

Postby byfrcp » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:22 pm

Rollotommasi wrote:btw

3/45 RISP w/2outs

speechless......

Yet amazingly he still has the 2nd most RBI's by any Second Baseman. Get real dude.
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kbarre » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:23 pm

52 doubles, 17 HR's, 60+ Runs scored....that's all you need to have out of a second baseman.

The 52 doubles at the all-star break is sickeningly awesome. In your league format, not mine, dropping him and his extra base hits is a silly decision, unless you have other guys doing that. Kelly Johnson and Ray Durham aren't even in the same ball-park when it comes to the numbers Uggla is excelling in. Not even the same league, hell it ain't even the same fn sport.

Sorry the pulp fiction reference, but a foot massage means something. Antoine shoulda known better.
kbarre
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rollotommasi » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:05 pm

kbarre wrote:52 doubles, 17 HR's, 60+ Runs scored....that's all you need to have out of a second baseman.

The 52 doubles at the all-star break is sickeningly awesome. In your league format, not mine, dropping him and his extra base hits is a silly decision, unless you have other guys doing that. Kelly Johnson and Ray Durham aren't even in the same ball-park when it comes to the numbers Uggla is excelling in. Not even the same league, hell it ain't even the same fn sport.

Sorry the pulp fiction reference, but a foot massage means something. Antoine shoulda known better.

who has 52 doubles ??

Uggla has 32....
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rollotommasi » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:06 pm

byfrcp wrote:
Rollotommasi wrote:btw

3/45 RISP w/2outs

speechless......

Yet amazingly he still has the 2nd most RBI's by any Second Baseman. Get real dude.

i thought you said this thread was a joke....why are you still here jks ??
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kbarre » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:29 pm

My bad. 32 doubles, not 52. That's 32 doubles. As in 19 more than Brandon Phillips, 15 more than Ray Durham, 14 more than Brian Roberts, 18 more than Kelly Johnson, and 16 more than BJ Upton.

You said doubles was a category in your roto league. Then suddenly you said your league was H2H. Which is it?

Mine's head to head, and I still keep Uggla in. I just think you maybe made a bad choice drafting and drafted too many guys with poor BA. If you had plenty of folks with high BA, Uggla would be your best friend. He dwarfs some of the 2B guys you've been bringing up in nearly every single category.

Excuse me while I drop Gary Sheffield and pick up Adam Dunn. Adam Dunn has 3 more HR's and more Walks......Absurd.
kbarre
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rollotommasi » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:58 pm

kbarre wrote:My bad. 32 doubles, not 52. That's 32 doubles. As in 19 more than Brandon Phillips, 15 more than Ray Durham, 14 more than Brian Roberts, 18 more than Kelly Johnson, and 16 more than BJ Upton.

You said doubles was a category in your roto league. Then suddenly you said your league was H2H. Which is it?

Mine's head to head, and I still keep Uggla in. I just think you maybe made a bad choice drafting and drafted too many guys with poor BA. If you had plenty of folks with high BA, Uggla would be your best friend. He dwarfs some of the 2B guys you've been bringing up in nearly every single category.

Excuse me while I drop Gary Sheffield and pick up Adam Dunn. Adam Dunn has 3 more HR's and more Walks......Absurd.

1st) it's H2H...never said it was Roto, i don't play Roto.....
2nd) i have Ordonez, Martinez, Morneau, Cuddyer, Hawpe, JJ Hardy, Braun so the AVG is not a problem but i can't stand a guy streaky, choker (3/45.....) and K-prone like Uggla
3rd) a user called ceLpH said on the brink of dropping him for Kendrick (3rd post of this topic)

i never talked about drop him but for some reason people are trying to convince me...to not drop him

:-?
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kbarre » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:19 pm

Well I guess that's what people will do in the "Injuries and Updates" section of the forum. Update---Uggla is good, but he's K-ing a lot and it bothers me. That would have appeased the masses.

Isn't there a venting section? Tell you what--go down there and start a thread where you vent about AJ Pierzynski and I'll follow you down there and take your side.
kbarre
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:29 pm

Rollotommasi wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:
I like the way you tried to change "Uggla is sinking" to "Uggla's avg is falling" without anyone noticing.

try to read the fist post of this topic......but maybe its too difficult for you, jks

The point is, you called him a joke, but his overall production is anything but when compared to other 2B.

so baiscally now i'm not free to bashing players......wow

No, you don't have to, but if everyone else disagrees with you, wouldn't you at least consider the possibility that you may be wrong rather than bashing other people, then using your cute little LOL's and ROTFL's. What are you, 14?

You still haven't answered my questions. What's the point of bashing Uggla if you're not going to listen to anyone else's point of view?

mmm....it's called venting

do you want to know the meaning ot the word ?

By the way, I'm still waiting for your 15 batting cats. I know it's tough to make them up on such short notice, but you have had over 4 hours...

it's not to difficult to imagine....maybe if you try.....

R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, CS, BB, K, GDIP, A, E, AVG, OBP

Wow, I haven't laughed that much in a while. Tell you what, I'll leave you alone so you can enjoy your little Uggla hate fest in the privacy of your parents' basement. Clearly, you have no idea what you're talking about, as I'm sure everyone who reads this thread has noticed. Have fun in your "15 x 15" league. What a joke.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Tommy John » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:09 pm

Quit, just quit, I hate it when a thread goes on without saying much of anything. :-t
Tommy John
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rollotommasi » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:12 am

Inukchuk wrote:Wow, I haven't laughed that much in a while. Tell you what, I'll leave you alone so you can enjoy your little Uggla hate fest in the privacy of your parents' basement. Clearly, you have no idea what you're talking about, as I'm sure everyone who reads this thread has noticed. Have fun in your "15 x 15" league. What a joke.

mmm......interesting
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates