Uggla is sinking - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Uggla is sinking

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Uggla is sinking

Postby Rollotommasi » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:06 pm

Inukchuk wrote:
I like the way you tried to change "Uggla is sinking" to "Uggla's avg is falling" without anyone noticing.


try to read the fist post of this topic......but maybe its too difficult for you, jks

The point is, you called him a joke, but his overall production is anything but when compared to other 2B.



so baiscally now i'm not free to bashing players......wow


No, you don't have to, but if everyone else disagrees with you, wouldn't you at least consider the possibility that you may be wrong rather than bashing other people, then using your cute little LOL's and ROTFL's. What are you, 14?

You still haven't answered my questions. What's the point of bashing Uggla if you're not going to listen to anyone else's point of view?


mmm....it's called venting

do you want to know the meaning ot the word ?

By the way, I'm still waiting for your 15 batting cats. I know it's tough to make them up on such short notice, but you have had over 4 hours...


it's not to difficult to imagine....maybe if you try.....

R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, CS, BB, K, GDIP, A, E, AVG, OBP
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 530
Joined: 8 Jun 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Uggla is sinking

Postby Rollotommasi » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:07 pm

Rounders wrote:
byfrcp wrote:This thread is a joke.


Yes, it has become that. In conclusion, Uggls is no worse than the 4th best 2B.


mmm....ok
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 530
Joined: 8 Jun 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Uggla is sinking

Postby Rollotommasi » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:07 pm

skapur20 wrote:you knew EXACTLY what you you were gonna get from Uggla when you drafted him. A power hitting 2b that wont hit for a very high avg. 250 is managable. Ryan Howard is hitting .254 are you gonna start another thread to bash him as well??


sorry, i didn't expect a 0.250 avg
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 530
Joined: 8 Jun 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Uggla is sinking

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:17 pm

Quit it ladies.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11420
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: Uggla is sinking

Postby Rounders » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:20 pm

Rollotommasi wrote:
No, you don't have to, but if everyone else disagrees with you, wouldn't you at least consider the possibility that you may be wrong rather than bashing other people, then using your cute little LOL's and ROTFL's. What are you, 14?

You still haven't answered my questions. What's the point of bashing Uggla if you're not going to listen to anyone else's point of view?


mmm....it's called venting

do you want to know the meaning ot the word ?


Didn't think it was venting, since it's not in that forum. If you want to cry about all your players that don't produce extraordinary stats every week of the year, go to the cheering and venting forum.


The point is, you called him a joke, but his overall production is anything but when compared to other 2B.




so baiscally now i'm not free to bashing players......wow


Not without being called out, because you're calling a guy a joke that has been one of the top producers at his position.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 898
Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Uggla is sinking

Postby kbarre » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:51 pm

Well, since you now listed the categories, it's apparent that Uggla is very helpful to you...maybe more than you think.

Those 17 bombs, along with 52 doubles is stellar. I think B. Phillips has around 32 doubles on the season. He leads the league in extra base hits....that certainly helps you in your league format. He hurts you in a couple of those cats, but he's tops in the league in others at his position.

I suppose that's what I was getting at before this whole argument started between you fellas. It's a matter of where a player helps you. If you have 6 other guys batting sub .260, then I can see where Uggla could frustrate you, but it's not his fault...it's yours. Poor drafting. Right before I drafted Uggla, I would have taken a look at who else I drafted. Since your league format is as it is, I would want to make sure I had players to pad my average.

I'd recommend looking elsewhere on your team, because Uggla helps you in most of those categories. Maybe it's the other guys that are not producing in the 2B's, 3b'S, HR's, OPS, etc...that are keeping your team from the championship. Analyze your totals in those categories. Work out a percentage ratio of how much Uggla helps your team. I think you might be pleasantly surprised.

I have him on my team, and I'm in first place by a big margin this season...he never leaves my starting lineup, unless he's playing against Peavey (which he is today). Look at pitching matchups too, dude...take him out when he's batting against studs if the avg. bothers you.

Make sense?
kbarre
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 113
Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cleveland

Re: Uggla is sinking

Postby Rollotommasi » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:16 pm

Rounders wrote:
Not without being called out, because you're calling a guy a joke that has been one of the top producers at his position.



is Uggla your friends or relative ??
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 530
Joined: 8 Jun 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Uggla is sinking

Postby Rollotommasi » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:21 pm

kbarre wrote:Well, since you now listed the categories, it's apparent that Uggla is very helpful to you...maybe more than you think.

Those 17 bombs, along with 52 doubles is stellar. I think B. Phillips has around 32 doubles on the season. He leads the league in extra base hits....that certainly helps you in your league format. He hurts you in a couple of those cats, but he's tops in the league in others at his position.

I suppose that's what I was getting at before this whole argument started between you fellas. It's a matter of where a player helps you. If you have 6 other guys batting sub .260, then I can see where Uggla could frustrate you, but it's not his fault...it's yours. Poor drafting. Right before I drafted Uggla, I would have taken a look at who else I drafted. Since your league format is as it is, I would want to make sure I had players to pad my average.

I'd recommend looking elsewhere on your team, because Uggla helps you in most of those categories. Maybe it's the other guys that are not producing in the 2B's, 3b'S, HR's, OPS, etc...that are keeping your team from the championship. Analyze your totals in those categories. Work out a percentage ratio of how much Uggla helps your team. I think you might be pleasantly surprised.

I have him on my team, and I'm in first place by a big margin this season...he never leaves my starting lineup, unless he's playing against Peavey (which he is today). Look at pitching matchups too, dude...take him out when he's batting against studs if the avg. bothers you.

Make sense?


yeah, too bad it's a H2H and Uggla usually has multi-HR/RBI games followed by "0/-multi Ks" games

so i played matchups with Kelly Johnson (now with Durham, i dropped KJ) and because i'm tired of Uggla 0/5+2K+5lob when i bench him he goes yard when i start him he goes K like a clown
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 530
Joined: 8 Jun 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Uggla is sinking

Postby jorwoods » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:45 pm

Power hitters are streaky, and will accumulate K's. You really should accept the fact that he's not going to give you 1st round-caliber numbers. If you would rather be in my boat, and have Jeff Kent anchoring your 2B slot, then I'm sure the Kent owner in your league would be more than happy to take Uggla's "sinking" numbers off your hands. Second basemen are a poorly performing position, and you have one of the good ones. I'm not a friend or relative of Uggla's in case you were wondering, I just wish I had him on my team.
Image
^^thanks to Snakes Gould!
jorwoods
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 599
Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bloomington, IN

Re: Uggla is sinking

Postby Rollotommasi » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:13 pm

btw

3/45 RISP w/2outs

speechless......
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 530
Joined: 8 Jun 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 31
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(3:40 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact