Uggla is sinking - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Uggla is sinking

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Uggla is sinking

Postby Rollotommasi » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:21 pm

sandman042 wrote:u did a great job looking up these stats but durham is 36 and had a career yr last yr. before last yr he never hit more than 20 homers in a season. i know he was a leadoff hitter iearlier in his career and didnt hit for as much power but last yr wwas def a career yr.and the other two yrs where good but nothing special. he hit for a good avg and 7-10 homers.are his numbers similar to ugglas def yes but ugglauggla has been in the majors for one yr so u cant say whether hes a second half player or not based on 1 yr

theres no way he is gonna be near the total last yr but 18 maybe 20 isnt unreasonable. he is def a solid palyer but would u rather have more runs scored,homers,rbis from uggla? durham will only have better hits and avg. .

as i said my league has 15 cats...and i have already many players with power
Last edited by Rollotommasi on Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rollotommasi » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:22 pm

byfrcp wrote:This thread is a joke.

yeah like yours

..no , maybe they are worse

lol
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby byfrcp » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:13 pm

Rollotommasi wrote:

yeah like yours

..no , maybe they are worse

lol

That makes sense . . .
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby kbarre » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:57 pm

Uggla is also leading the majors in extra base hits. In a 15X15, isn't doubles a category? I'm not familiar with that format.

Also, I stand corrected on the "Uggla is in the ASG" comment. I think I read some bogus information somewhere. I jumped the gun with that comment.
kbarre
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:41 am

Couldn't agree more. It's basically one guy that made a stupid statement, then got ripped for it. Rather than admit he might be wrong, he's trying to defend it, which makes him look even worse.

I come to the cafe for advice. If basically everyone on this board disagrees with me, I use that to help adjust my ideas and projections. I wouldn't bother posting a comment if I had no intention of listening to feedback from it. Otherwise, what's the point? To make yourself look smart?

Tell me, what are your 15 batting categories? You could punch a hole in any player, assuming you didn't just make that up...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Rollotommasi » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:10 am

Inukchuk wrote:

Couldn't agree more. It's basically one guy that made a stupid statement, then got ripped for it.

saying that Uggla avg is falling is a stupid statement ?

ROTFL

Rather than admit he might be wrong, he's trying to defend it, which makes him look even worse.

sorry i don't need your permission to post whaterever i want

I come to the cafe for advice. If basically everyone on this board disagrees with me, I use that to help adjust my ideas and projections. I wouldn't bother posting a comment if I had no intention of listening to feedback from it. Otherwise, what's the point? To make yourself look smart?

so basically if i think i'm right i must change my position because everyone else disagree ?

lol
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cwrtlm » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:21 am

All I can say is that in my H2H points league Uggla is the 2nd best scoring 2nd baseman. 2 points ahead of Roberts and 16 ahead of Phillips. Utley has 362 points and Uggla has 326. He is also 16th overall among all hitters, Arod has 417 points, only 55 points ahead of Uggla. Again alot has to do with your league settings, in my league if someone would drop Uggla I would pick him up and definately play him in my U spot. Again just depends on your league settings.
C- Hundley, Iannetta
1b- Wallace
2b- Barney/Barmes
3b- J. Lopez
CO- G. Sanchez
SS- Tulo
MI- Castro
OF- Bay, Hart, Pagan, Smith, Francisco, Ankiel
U- C. Ross(DL), Cantu
P- Carpent, Billings, Volquez, Marcum, Norris, J. Vazquez, Westbrook, Wolf, E Rogers
cwrtlm
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rounders » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:26 am

Yes, it has become that. In conclusion, Uggls is no worse than the 4th best 2B.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:19 pm

Rollotommasi wrote:saying that Uggla avg is falling is a stupid statement ?

ROTFL

I like the way you tried to change "Uggla is sinking" to "Uggla's avg is falling" without anyone noticing. The point is, you called him a joke, but his overall production is anything but when compared to other 2B.

so basically if i think i'm right i must change my position because everyone else disagree ?

lol

No, you don't have to, but if everyone else disagrees with you, wouldn't you at least consider the possibility that you may be wrong rather than bashing other people, then using your cute little LOL's and ROTFL's. What are you, 14?

You still haven't answered my questions. What's the point of bashing Uggla if you're not going to listen to anyone else's point of view?

By the way, I'm still waiting for your 15 batting cats. I know it's tough to make them up on such short notice, but you have had over 4 hours...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby skapur20 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:38 pm

Rounders wrote:

Yes, it has become that. In conclusion, Uggls is no worse than the 4th best 2B.

im jus waiting for this moron to create the "hey arod is SINKING!" thread cause hes not batting .370 anymore on pace for 200 HRs or 500 RBIs

i dont know what ridiculous presesason predicition you had for Uggla, but he has surpassed what i thinking. The only thing significant stat that has "sinked" is his avg, just because Uggla isnt helping in all 15 cats in your beast of league doesnt mean hes not a great fantasy 2b. hell i dont think theres 1 players in the entire league that could help you out in ALL 15 cats. 1 guy wont walk enough, 1 guy strikes out too much, 1 guy doesnt steal, 1 guy doesnt hit for power, 1 guy wont score as much.

you knew EXACTLY what you you were gonna get from Uggla when you drafted him. A power hitting 2b that wont hit for a very high avg. 250 is managable. Ryan Howard is hitting .254 are you gonna start another thread to bash him as well??
ummm lets go angels? :)
skapur20
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates