Manuel Barrios. He never amounted to much. But he got ther - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Manuel Barrios. He never amounted to much. But he got ther

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Manuel Barrios. He never amounted to much. But he got ther

Postby bolts801 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:50 pm

But it was still cool to bump into him. I was doing my route today. Talking to a couple of cute little munchkins and the kid was telling me about his baseball skills. I told him way to go. Keep up the good work and such. I was very busy. Trying to mind my own business really. I noticed his father kind of milling around the game room that I service. Keeping close tabs on his munchkins. He finally kinda wondered in, and we got to talking about baseball and such. Anyhoo to make a long story short. HE was an ex major leaguer at one point! Still kinda cool. Not that his career ever took off. But just knowing you were talking to someone who made the show was pretty cool. Made me feel good. Knowing I wasn't the only sob story around. :) hehe.. I never made it that far,.. but thats another story.

HE spoke pretty broken english still, but he spelled his last name out for me, and told me he came up with the Astro's in 97 and it was true. :)

anyhoo. I know it's a small story, but it was kinda cool I thought. At least for me living in small town Illinois. :) Moline IL actually. He said he was playing over at John O'Donnell stadium. Which by the way was voted one of the top 10 best Parks in all of America. But thats in Davenport Ia over across the river. :)

Here's his Almanac link.

poor guy didn't last long. He tore his rotator cuff. :(

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players ... =barrima01
"Before becoming rich and famous. Just try being rich first."

Bill Murray.
bolts801
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Manuel Barrios. He never amounted to much. But he got ther

Postby JTWood » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:52 pm

That's pretty cool... :-)