Roswell: Interesting New Evidence - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Roswell: Interesting New Evidence

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Roswell: Interesting New Evidence

Postby josebach » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:48 pm

Interesting affidavit from one of the Roswell witnesses. Obviously I don't know what happened, but I must admit this is some of the most compelling evidence I've seen.

Lt. Walter Haut was the public-relations officer at the base in 1947 and was the man who issued the original and subsequent press releases after the crash on the orders of the base commander, Col. William Blanchard.

Haut died in December 2005, but left a sworn affidavit to be opened only after his death.

Last week, the text was released. It asserts that the weather-balloon claim was a cover story and that the real object had been recovered by the military and stored in a hangar.

He described seeing not just the craft, but alien bodies.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287643,00.html
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Roswell: Interesting New Evidence

Postby knapplc » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:15 pm

Here is the text of the affidavit:

DATE: December 26, 2002

WITNESS: Chris Xxxxxx

NOTARY: Beverlee Morgan

(1) My name is Walter G. Haut

(2) I was born on June 2, 1922

(3) My address is 1405 W. 7th Street, Roswell, NM 88203

(4) I am retired.

(5) In July, 1947, I was stationed at the Roswell Army Air Base in Roswell, New Mexico, serving as the base Public Information Officer. I had spent the 4th of July weekend (Saturday, the 5th, and Sunday, the 6th) at my private residence about 10 miles north of the base, which was located south of town.

(6) I was aware that someone had reported the remains of a downed vehicle by midmorning after my return to duty at the base on Monday, July 7. I was aware that Major Jesse A. Marcel, head of intelligence, was sent by the base commander, Col. William Blanchard, to investigate.

(7) By late in the afternoon that same day, I would learn that additional civilian reports came in regarding a second site just north of Roswell. I would spend the better part of the day attending to my regular duties hearing little if anything more.

(8) On Tuesday morning, July 8, I would attend the regularly scheduled staff meeting at 7:30 a.m. Besides Blanchard, Marcel; CIC [Counterintelligence Corp] Capt. Sheridan Cavitt; Col. James I. Hopkins, the operations officer; Lt. Col. Ulysses S. Nero, the supply officer; and from Carswell AAF in Fort Worth, Texas, Blanchard's boss, Brig. Gen. Roger Ramey and his chief of staff, Col. Thomas J. Dubose were also in attendance. The main topic of discussion was reported by Marcel and Cavitt regarding an extensive debris field in Lincoln County approx. 75 miles NW of Roswell. A preliminary briefing was provided by Blanchard about the second site approx. 40 miles north of town. Samples of wreckage were passed around the table. It was unlike any material I had or have ever seen in my life. Pieces which resembled metal foil, paper thin yet extremely strong, and pieces with unusual markings along their length were handled from man to man, each voicing their opinion. No one was able to identify the crash debris.

(9) One of the main concerns discussed at the meeting was whether we should go public or not with the discovery. Gen. Ramey proposed a plan, which I believe originated from his bosses at the Pentagon. Attention needed to be diverted from the more important site north of town by acknowledging the other location. Too many civilians were already involved and the press already was informed. I was not completely informed how this would be accomplished.

(10) At approximately 9:30 a.m. Col. Blanchard phoned my office and dictated the press release of having in our possession a flying disc, coming from a ranch northwest of Roswell, and Marcel flying the material to higher headquarters. I was to deliver the news release to radio stations KGFL and KSWS, and newspapers the Daily Record and the Morning Dispatch.

(11) By the time the news release hit the wire services, my office was inundated with phone calls from around the world. Messages stacked up on my desk, and rather than deal with the media concern, Col Blanchard suggested that I go home and "hide out."

(12) Before leaving the base, Col. Blanchard took me personally to Building 84 [AKA Hangar P-3], a B-29 hangar located on the east side of the tarmac. Upon first approaching the building, I observed that it was under heavy guard both outside and inside. Once inside, I was permitted from a safe distance to first observe the object just recovered north of town. It was approx. 12 to 15 feet in length, not quite as wide, about 6 feet high, and more of an egg shape. Lighting was poor, but its surface did appear metallic. No windows, portholes, wings, tail section, or landing gear were visible.

(13) Also from a distance, I was able to see a couple of bodies under a canvas tarpaulin. Only the heads extended beyond the covering, and I was not able to make out any features. The heads did appear larger than normal and the contour of the canvas suggested the size of a 10 year old child. At a later date in Blanchard's office, he would extend his arm about 4 feet above the floor to indicate the height.

(14) I was informed of a temporary morgue set up to accommodate the recovered bodies.

(15) I was informed that the wreckage was not "hot" (radioactive).

(16) Upon his return from Fort Worth, Major Marcel described to me taking pieces of the wreckage to Gen. Ramey's office and after returning from a map room, finding the remains of a weather balloon and radar kite substituted while he was out of the room. Marcel was very upset over this situation. We would not discuss it again.

(17) I would be allowed to make at least one visit to one of the recovery sites during the military cleanup. I would return to the base with some of the wreckage which I would display in my office.

(18) I was aware two separate teams would return to each site months later for periodic searches for any remaining evidence.

(19) I am convinced that what I personally observed was some type of craft and its crew from outer space.

(20) I have not been paid nor given anything of value to make this statement, and it is the truth to the best of my recollection.

Signed: Walter G. Haut

December 26, 2002

Signature witnessed by:

Chris Xxxxxxx

Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby brewcrew4you » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:26 pm

Someone cue the X-Files music.

I wish it was true, but I don't know if the government could effectively cover this up for so long.
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:59 pm

Alrighty, then ... picture this if you will.

10 to 2 AM, X, Yogi DMT, and a box of Krispy Kremes,
in my "need to know" post, just outside of Area 51
Contemplating the whole "chosen people" thingy
when a flaming stealth banana split the sky
like one would hope but never really expect
to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime
and stopping right at my Birkenstocks,
and me yelping...

Holy ##%$% #$##@!

Then the X-Files being,
Looking like some kind of blue-green Jackie Chan
with Isabella Rossellini lips, and breath that reeked of
vanilla Chig Champa
Did a slow-mo Matrix descent
Outta the butt end of the banana vessel
And hovered above my bug-eyes, my gaping jaw,
and my sweaty L. Ron Hubbard upper lip,
and all I could think was:
"I hope Uncle Martin here doesn't notice
that I pissed my freakin' pants."

So light in his way,
Like an apparition, [that]
He had me crying out,
*##@$% me
It's gotta be
the Deadhead Chemistry
The blotter got [right] on top of me
Got me seein' E-motherfreakin'-T!"

And after calming me down
with some orange slices
and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.
He said, "You are the Chosen One,
the One who will deliver the message.
A message of hope for those who choose to hear it
and a warning for those who do not."
Me. The Chosen One?
They chose me!!!
And I didn't even graduate from freakin' high school.

You'd better...
You'd better...
You'd better...
You'd better listen.

Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See, my heart is pounding
'Cause this crap never happens to me

I can't breathe right now!

It was surreal,
Like I woke up in Wonderland.
All sorta terrifying
I don't wanna be all alone
While I tell this story.
And can anyone tell me why
Y'all sound like Peanuts parents?
Will I ever be coming down?
This is surreal
Finally, it's my lucky day
See, my heart is racing
'Cause this crap never happens to me

I can't breathe right now!

You believe me, don't you?
Please believe what I've just said!
See the Dead ain't touring
And this wasn't all in my head.
See, they took me by the hand
And invited me right in.
Then they showed me something
I don't even know where to begin.

Strapped down [to] my bed
Feet cold [and] eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Can't remember what they said
God damn, #@%$# the bed.

Hey ...

Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be the One
Born to bear and bring to all the details of our ending,
To write it down for all the world to see.

But I forgot my pen
#@$# the bed again ...
Typical.

Strapped down [to] my bed
Feet cold and eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Sunkist and Sudafed
Gyroscopes and infrared
Won't help, I'm brain dead
God damn, @#$% the bed

I can't remember what they said to me
Can't remember what they said to make me out to be the hero
Bob help me!

God damn, ^#%$ the bed!

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:08 pm

I like the show on Discovery/Science about Roswell where they present a lot of evidence that it was a failed military project and the alien sightings where actually sightings of the charred remains of four chimpanzees. We'll probably never know for sure but the Discovery version just seems a whole lot more likely.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:23 pm

Amazinz wrote:I like the show on Discovery/Science about Roswell where they present a lot of evidence that it was a failed military project and the alien sightings where actually sightings of the charred remains of four chimpanzees. We'll probably never know for sure but the Discovery version just seems a whole lot more likely.

Yeah, I agee, but if it was just chimps, wouldn't you would think they would have de-classified the story by now?

I think it's extremely likely that life exists on other planets base simply on the sheer vastness of the universe. I also think that it's equally as unlikely that life from other planets has actually visited Earth. This guy's affidavit while interesting, proves nothing.

Maybe Earth was terraformed and what most humans feel and believe to be "God" is actually some kind of electrical connection to the aliens that started life here? That would certainly explain the thousands of religions that people have come up with over the course of human history to explain how they feel.

Or maybe it's just fear? :-b
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:41 pm

Does anyone have any other info on this witness? Sworn affidavits are fine and dandy, but without knowing more about who's giving it, it's worthless. I've got an uncle who will give you a sworn affidavit saying that his jello beat him at checkers and the garden gnome stole his car and burried it in his underground tunnel.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:46 pm

josebach wrote:Yeah, I agee, but if it was just chimps, wouldn't you would think they would have de-classified the story by now?

According to that Discovery special most of it became declassified in the 90s. Although I guess there are those who believe they are still hiding it and only declassified what was convenient. So even when they do declassify there is still that air of mystery.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:53 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Does anyone have any other info on this witness? Sworn affidavits are fine and dandy, but without knowing more about who's giving it, it's worthless. I've got an uncle who will give you a sworn affidavit saying that his jello beat him at checkers and the garden gnome stole his car and burried it in his underground tunnel.

And especially in this situation a sworn affidavit is pretty much worthless. He's not submitting this under any penalty, as he would if this were attached to some legal action. The fact that it’s “sworn” means pretty much nothing, nor does it mean much of anything that it’s been notarized. I’m a notary. Notaries are a dime a dozen. Big whoop.

The man cited his place of residence as Roswell, NM. If you’ve ever seen any of the Discovery shows about Roswell, the denizens seem to be a bit on the “bent” side of things. It’s entirely possible he drew this up, had it notarized, and had it released posthumously as a gag, or to further along the tourist industry that is Roswell’s life blood. There are a million reasons why he would have done this, none of which have anything to do with little green men.

At the end of the day this neither proves nor disproves anything. All we know now is that this guy prepared this doc and had it notarized.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Yoda » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:59 pm

knapplc wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Does anyone have any other info on this witness? Sworn affidavits are fine and dandy, but without knowing more about who's giving it, it's worthless. I've got an uncle who will give you a sworn affidavit saying that his jello beat him at checkers and the garden gnome stole his car and burried it in his underground tunnel.

And especially in this situation a sworn affidavit is pretty much worthless. He's not submitting this under any penalty, as he would if this were attached to some legal action. The fact that it’s “sworn” means pretty much nothing, nor does it mean much of anything that it’s been notarized. I’m a notary. Notaries are a dime a dozen. Big whoop.

The man cited his place of residence as Roswell, NM. If you’ve ever seen any of the Discovery shows about Roswell, the denizens seem to be a bit on the “bent” side of things. It’s entirely possible he drew this up, had it notarized, and had it released posthumously as a gag, or to further along the tourist industry that is Roswell’s life blood. There are a million reasons why he would have done this, none of which have anything to do with little green men.

At the end of the day this neither proves nor disproves anything. All we know now is that this guy prepared this doc and had it notarized.

Excellent post. Still, I'd like to think that there are little green men flying around out there.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to General Talk