Jorge Julio.. 45+ saves?! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jorge Julio.. 45+ saves?!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stabone76 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:58 pm

AuburnTigers wrote:I see your reasoning, but I think 45+ may be stretching it for Julio. He gives up a lot of runs for a closer. If you say he gets 45+ saves then that puts him with Gagne, Smoltz, and Wagner. He is not even close to being in their class

Well if you say he wont end up with 45 because he gives up too many runs, that would relate to a few extra blown saves but a few more wins... eather way, it works for me.

Whether he is up to them or not isnt the question. Sure they are better and may have ERA's up to two runs closer, the question is will he get that many saves and the answer is yes. he could get 45. I would just count on 35-40 though or you will end up disappointed.
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stabone76 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:01 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:
AuburnTigers wrote:I see your reasoning, but I think 45+ may be stretching it for Julio. He gives up a lot of runs for a closer. If you say he gets 45+ saves then that puts him with Gagne, Smoltz, and Wagner. He is not even close to being in their class

The kid is still only 24. Have a look at his 2002 numbers. That wasn't a fluke and is in the Smoltz / Wagner class. 2nd year slumps are very common so expect a big turnaround on his runs allowed in 2004.

He really does have filthy stuff, just ask Nomar, Manny, Jeter and Soriano. They have gone a combined 3 for 30 against him.

and for every 3 for 30 with people like that , you have some nut like Kenny lofton hitting 5 for 6 against him. (that is just an example, dont look up loftons numbers and prove me wrong) its all averages.
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kentx12 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:14 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:who do they have in their starting rotation?

Noone. :-D
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby monster » Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:27 pm

kentx12 wrote:

No one. :-D

well put... :-P
*Sidney Ponson
*Rodrigo Lopez
*Kurt Ainsworth
*Eric DuBose
*Omar Daal
I didn't really say everything I said.
-Yogi Berra
monster
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: i'm in my own little world, but it's OK, they know me here...

Postby NZF » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:18 pm

stabone76 wrote:
New Zealand Fan wrote:

The kid is still only 24. Have a look at his 2002 numbers. That wasn't a fluke and is in the Smoltz / Wagner class. 2nd year slumps are very common so expect a big turnaround on his runs allowed in 2004.

He really does have filthy stuff, just ask Nomar, Manny, Jeter and Soriano. They have gone a combined 3 for 30 against him.

and for every 3 for 30 with people like that , you have some nut
like Kenny lofton hitting 5 for 6 against him. (that is just an example, dont look up loftons numbers and prove me wrong) its all averages.

Yeah it's called anecdotal evidence (I love using it). By the way good reach on Lofton. He's currently hitting 1.000 off of Julio.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TownDrunk » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:36 pm

I see 35-40. However, 45 saves is a possibility.

[b]25[/b]
TownDrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Web Supporter

Postby justinA » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:44 pm

monster wrote:
kentx12 wrote:

*Sidney Ponson
*Rodrigo Lopez
*Kurt Ainsworth
*Eric DuBose
*Omar Daal

Omar Daal isnt in the starting rotation. He's only a long reliever and a spot starter right now. Riley is the 5th starter.
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby NZF » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:55 pm

justinA wrote:
monster wrote:
kentx12 wrote:

*Sidney Ponson
*Rodrigo Lopez
*Kurt Ainsworth
*Eric DuBose
*Omar Daal

Omar Daal isnt in the starting rotation. He's only a long reliever and a spot starter right now. Riley is the 5th starter.

Quite right and he is a great sleeper. Looked good when he came up late last year and did have 77 strikeouts in 70 innings in the minors before that.
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stabone76 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:56 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:
stabone76 wrote:
New Zealand Fan wrote:

like Kenny lofton hitting 5 for 6 against him. (that is just an example, dont look up loftons numbers and prove me wrong) its all averages.

Yeah it's called anecdotal evidence (I love using it). By the way good reach on Lofton. He's currently hitting 1.000 off of Julio.

I AM A GOD....

actually i guessed Lofton by trying to find somone well known but not great...

oh, and by the way... i said DONT LOOK IT UP!!!
LOL
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby NZF » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:01 pm

stabone76 wrote:
New Zealand Fan wrote:
stabone76 wrote:
New Zealand Fan wrote:

I know but I couldn't resist! ;-)

I AM A GOD....

actually i guessed Lofton by trying to find somone well known but not great...

oh, and by the way... i said DONT LOOK IT UP!!!
LOL
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers