Is Gallardo starting this week against the Pirates? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Is Gallardo starting this week against the Pirates?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Gallardo starting this week against the Pirates?

Postby BronxBomber2007 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:34 am

If so...is it for sure or just a maybe? Thanks
BronxBomber2007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Gallardo starting this week against the Pirates?

Postby dubstar » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:37 am

BronxBomber2007 wrote:If so...is it for sure or just a maybe? Thanks

isnt this just another way of asking if he is going to the pen? there is another thread right above this at the moment about it, and you posted in it. im sure if anyone has info they will post it there. his questionable start is supposed to be against the nats anyways.

viewtopic.php?t=304649

or

viewtopic.php?t=304199
dubstar
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby BronxBomber2007 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:05 am

dubstar wrote:
BronxBomber2007 wrote:If so...is it for sure or just a maybe? Thanks

isnt this just another way of asking if he is going to the pen? there is another thread right above this at the moment about it, and you posted in it. im sure if anyone has info they will post it there. his questionable start is supposed to be against the nats anyways.

viewtopic.php?t=304649

or

viewtopic.php?t=304199

No, this isnt just another way of asking if he is going to the pen.....I was on the who to start/bench forum and noticed that someone had asked if he should start him since this would be his last start before going to the bullpen. I thought that maybe that I had missed something or someone had updated information on the situation in Milwaukee and was wondering if anyone else had heard this. Here is the link....
viewtopic.php?t=304705
BronxBomber2007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:20 am

Perfectly legit question, no need to get uptight about the post .... A lot of people are wondering if Gallardo is going to get a start this weekend, me included.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dubstar » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:04 pm

sorry, i just saw it as the same since if he isnt going to the pen then he will get another start before the break. and if he is going to the pen then he will not get another start before the break.

now for a real response..... i havent read anything for sure. most reports(yahoo, cbs, brewers website) say that he is going to the pen, or he isnt scheduled for another start at this time. the only one ive read that said he would is that one from the madison paper's website. kinda makes me think he wont get one before the break, im still holding him until its %100 sure.
dubstar
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BrewerJer » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:28 pm

I don't see it happening. Capuano is coming off the DL to pitch on Tuesday. I don't think anyone is being demoted to the bullpen.

The conventional wisdom is that a young pitcher shouldn't throw more than 25-30 more innings than the year before. I've heard it as the difference between Johan Santana and Francisco Loriano. One Twins pitcher was done the right way, the other wasn't.

Look for him to rejoin the rotation sometime in August or September unless an injury forces him in the rotation sooner. Though it's possible Villanueva may get some looks at starter if that happens, too. They're going to be careful with this kid, IMO.
BrewerJer
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mak1277 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:09 pm

BrewerJer wrote:The conventional wisdom is that a young pitcher shouldn't throw more than 25-30 more innings than the year before. I've heard it as the difference between Johan Santana and Francisco Loriano. One Twins pitcher was done the right way, the other wasn't.

Slightly off topic, but this "conventional wisdom" is pure folly. One of the two pitchers you mentioned also possessed an elbow-shredding slider. Liriano's elbow blows eventually no matter how many innings he would've thrown last year.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby dubstar » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:47 pm

mak1277 wrote:
BrewerJer wrote:The conventional wisdom is that a young pitcher shouldn't throw more than 25-30 more innings than the year before. I've heard it as the difference between Johan Santana and Francisco Loriano. One Twins pitcher was done the right way, the other wasn't.

Slightly off topic, but this "conventional wisdom" is pure folly. One of the two pitchers you mentioned also possessed an elbow-shredding slider. Liriano's elbow blows eventually no matter how many innings he would've thrown last year.

eventually......... while true thats kinda silly itself to say. you like to prevent those things from happening as much as possible. everyone dies eventually, but if you take care of yourself it takes longer to die.
dubstar
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Scooter1027 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:21 pm

Gallardo will be coming out of the pen with Capuano back and starting on Tuesday, from everything I've seen/read.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Athrun340 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:16 pm

No, but he'll start againts the washintgon tho
^^Ty Smoovethug^^
Athrun340
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates