Is there any Strategy for All Star Week? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is there any Strategy for All Star Week?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is there any Strategy for All Star Week?

Postby KR » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:45 pm

For those of you with Weekly lineups in h2h is there any strategy next week?

Im thinking alot of teams that dont pay attention will have their pitchers not pitch. Looking briefly it looks like alot of teams back end starters will be missing there starts next week.....

Any other strategy?

Btw, This week as you all know is a great time to have Twins/Whitesox players in this type of setting. 8 Games to 6 for a normal team is huge.
KR
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is there any Strategy for All Star Week?

Postby shawngee03 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:29 am

i dont have any insight, but more questions. does yahoo waive the min IP requirement for this week? i play in two leagues where it is 40 IP min, which seems to be impossible when games are only being played 3 days. if they dont waive it, then i guess the strategy becomes find anyway possible to get the min IP and sweep the pitching cats.

anyone know of any teams that plan to play on Thur? makeup games and such
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hot4tx » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:58 am

I'm pretty sure Yahoo did last year, but I remembered them posting a note about it before the week started. They haven't done that yet this year.

Obviously if you're in weekly lineup change HTH leagues, you have to pay attention to who's playing and make sure to adjust lineup accordingly. You don't want a pitcher that won't pitch, and if you have a decent player getting a few more games in, it might be worth considering benching a stud even.

In daily leagues the only thing I can think of from a "strategy" angle is to remember that it is a short week. That means if you have a bad pitching matchup, and don't need the innings to hit min IP you might be even more cautious, since you won't have as many other starts to lower your ratios if you do have a blow up. Same thing with hitters - if your borderline SB guys have good matchups early I might be tempted to start them over better players to get a couple SBs if possible, since a shorter week means it'll take less numbers to win each category. A shorter week may also cause you to look a little harder at your opponent's team and base decisions even more than usually on their team.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Postby pangbones » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:11 pm

shawngee03 wrote:i dont have any insight, but more questions. does yahoo waive the min IP requirement for this week? i play in two leagues where it is 40 IP min, which seems to be impossible when games are only being played 3 days. if they dont waive it, then i guess the strategy becomes find anyway possible to get the min IP and sweep the pitching cats.

anyone know of any teams that plan to play on Thur? makeup games and such

Yes yahoo waives the minimum IP for All Star week.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Schwetty Balls » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:39 pm

yes as many other have mentioned Yahoo does waive the MIP for that week. However, when you first sign on Monday Morning don't freak out if they have not made the corrections yet. They should have it corrected by the PM. from what i remember
Schwetty Balls
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Ender » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:52 pm

Cross your fingers, pray you have a good 3.5 days and have everyone in your league write to Yahoo telling them to skip this week in the future. That would be my advice.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby 5 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:32 pm

Ender wrote:Cross your fingers, pray you have a good 3.5 days and have everyone in your league write to Yahoo telling them to skip this week in the future. That would be my advice.

don't skip it, just roll it over with the next week
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ender » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:34 pm

5 wrote:
Ender wrote:Cross your fingers, pray you have a good 3.5 days and have everyone in your league write to Yahoo telling them to skip this week in the future. That would be my advice.

don't skip it, just roll it over with the next week

Yeah that would be even better I suppose. The way it is now is a complete joke though.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:26 pm

Yahoo is doing the right thing and waiving the IP requirement in h2h matchups.

Due to the reduced number of games played during All Star week, innings-pitched requirements are waived from Monday, July 9, through Sunday, July 15. Active pitchers will be credited with all stats earned during this period regardless of total innings pitched, although at least one pitching appearance is required to win ERA and/or WHIP.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers