The Next Mr. 3000 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Next Mr. 3000

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Next Mr. 3000

Postby Old_Style » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:01 pm

If Bonds sticks around for another season, he'll reach 3000. Jeter and Rodriguez are on pace to eclipse 3000, within the next 4-5 seasons or so. Griffey, Sheffield, and Pudge have outside shots, if they can play well into their 40's. Guys like Pujols, Guerrero, and Ichiro can sneak into the club as well.

Which active players are going to reach 3000 before their career's are over?
Image
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6885
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the last neighborhood corner tavern

Re: The Next Mr. 3000

Postby Tavish » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:50 am

Bonds, Pudge, A-Rod, Jeter are the best bets.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11070
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Next Mr. 3000

Postby bceagles04 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:52 am

I Bonds, Jeter, and A-Rod will get it. I can see Jeter playing into his 40's while still playing at a high level. Same with A-Rod
Image
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3089
Joined: 8 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at my computer

Re: The Next Mr. 3000

Postby dillpickle » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:50 am

Call me crazy, but I think Jeter will make a run at Pete Rose's hit record.
dillpickle
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 147
Joined: 7 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Next Mr. 3000

Postby Tavish » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:08 am

dillpickle wrote:Call me crazy, but I think Jeter will make a run at Pete Rose's hit record.


You're crazy. :-b

I don't see Jeter playing until he is 45 or 46 which is what it would probably take to reach Rose.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11070
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Next Mr. 3000

Postby akula » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:21 am

Hunter Pence..he is only 21 and if he keeps hitting at 350 BA ...he will reach 3000 for sure
akula
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 614
Joined: 31 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Next Mr. 3000

Postby Yoda » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:23 am

akula wrote:Hunter Pence..he is only 21 and if he keeps hitting at 350 BA ...he will reach 3000 for sure


Pence is 24. If you count his minor league stats maybe.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: The Next Mr. 3000

Postby dillpickle » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:57 pm

Tavish wrote:
dillpickle wrote:Call me crazy, but I think Jeter will make a run at Pete Rose's hit record.


You're crazy. :-b

I don't see Jeter playing until he is 45 or 46 which is what it would probably take to reach Rose.



He is 2000 hits away currently. If he stays healthy, I could see him pounding out 200 hits the next eight seasons. That would put him between 500 to 600 hits away at age 38 or 39. Five more years at 125 hits a piece and he is there at age 43. Of course, there are a lot of variables like health. He generally gets anywhere from 190 to 220 hits a year when healthy. He is the only player I could see challenging Pete.
dillpickle
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 147
Joined: 7 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Next Mr. 3000

Postby Tavish » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:42 pm

dillpickle wrote:
Tavish wrote:
dillpickle wrote:Call me crazy, but I think Jeter will make a run at Pete Rose's hit record.


You're crazy. :-b

I don't see Jeter playing until he is 45 or 46 which is what it would probably take to reach Rose.



He is 2000 hits away currently. If he stays healthy, I could see him pounding out 200 hits the next eight seasons. That would put him between 500 to 600 hits away at age 38 or 39. Five more years at 125 hits a piece and he is there at age 43. Of course, there are a lot of variables like health. He generally gets anywhere from 190 to 220 hits a year when healthy. He is the only player I could see challenging Pete.

If he got 200 hits over the next 8 seasons he would be 41 years old and be about 400 hits shy (Jeter is 33 right now). In the last 20 years 2 players have had more than 190 hits in a season over the age of 37 (Gwynn at age 37 and Molitor at age 39).

A-Rod probably has a slightly better chance (only 100 hits behind Jeter but 2 years younger) but neither is even close enough to consider serious contenders.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11070
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Next Mr. 3000

Postby Drunken Rhino » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:15 pm

My money's on Rick Ankiel!! :-b
Image
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1473
Joined: 14 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact