Yahoo H2H daily transaction league question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo H2H daily transaction league question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Fumbler » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:55 pm

Looking for some suggestions on how to modify our yahoo 8 x 7 league. We like to have daily transactions, but several owners basically punt on pitching, then add and drop pitchers so they have 3-5 pitchers starting everyday. (we don't have any max innings pitched) This usually guarantees them two pitching categories, and chances to win a couple others. On top of that, they have the premeir offenses because they draft hitters until the late rounds.

A better strategy is to do the above, but also draft a bunch (4-5) of really good closers to go along with your good offense. Then you'll win 3 of the 5 pitching categories pretty much every time. ;-D
Fumbler
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jbomb » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:48 pm

limit fa moves to 30 or 35 for the year - that will stop bouncing pitchers around all year
"Slump?" "I'm not in any slump. I just ain't hitting." Yogi Berra
jbomb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mcqfesijiba » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:51 pm

swoosh3esq wrote:I agree that we need to set up either max innings or max starts. I was under the impression from our commish that we could not limit max starts on yahoo. If we set up max innings, what kind of number should we use. Can we set it up as weekly max innings, or only max innings for the year. If we can limit the number of starts, what would be a good number to limit them to?
Thanks.
Unless it's available in the Yahoo Pay league, I don't remember any max limits to pitching in h2h leagues. I actually looked for these kinds of controls, because I'm involved in a 3 sport league and things got a bit out of control in basketball with the adding of players just because they play the next day, doing that many times over.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:54 pm

swoosh3esq wrote:I agree that we need to set up either max innings or max starts. I was under the impression from our commish that we could not limit max starts on yahoo. If we set up max innings, what kind of number should we use. Can we set it up as weekly max innings, or only max innings for the year. If we can limit the number of starts, what would be a good number to limit them to?
Thanks.

A lot of leagues use a max of 50 innings per week. If you are using Yahoo's set pitcher spots, then 50 innings per week should be adequate.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:45 pm

Are you all absolutely sure that you can limit the number of innings pitched in h2h leagues in Yahoo? I just don't remember that being available as an option. I hope I've just missed it in the past, as it would solve a huge problem for my league.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jbomb » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:17 pm

the problem is easily solved by limiting fa moves
"Slump?" "I'm not in any slump. I just ain't hitting." Yogi Berra
jbomb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous