Who Should I Take? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who Should I Take?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:31 pm

ukjohn wrote:do you play fantasy baseball? do you use projections for the upcoming season? how do you come up with those projections? by using LAST YEARS stats is a big part of it.

If you can't count the past, then what can you count? The Yankees have never won a World Series then? Whats it matter if I use last years stats? The Reds had everybody injured and they still made the Tigers look like a Little League team. Now that they are all healthy, look out.

I have never seen any Tiger fans make valid points as to why the Tigers won't lose 100 games, let alone be .500

yes, uk, I play fantasy baseball. Yes, I use projections for the upcoming season. I typically use a more fundamental approach (situation, injury, team, etc...) than a technical approach (stats only), although I do use a mixture of both. Thats my argument. You cannot use a technical heavy approach when projecting the Tigers this yr because there are too many fundamental changes.

As for you not seeing any Tiger fans making any valid points about why the Tigers wont lose 100 games, feel free to take a look at my post history. On a number of occasions over the last month I have been making a case for the Tigers winning at least 19 more games, and have won a lot of other Cafe members over with my arguments. If you are truly interested and have an open mind, I bet you may learn something about this organization, and may even begin to respect us. You may even realize that this is not the same team that lost 119 last yr.

Again, its up to you. If you are truly interested in learning, I will be happy to show you why this is a different team, but Im gonna imagine most of the people around here are sick of hearing me make my arguments over and over again.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers