Is this an Absolute TRASH out of contention team? WHIR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Is this an Absolute TRASH out of contention team? WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is this an Absolute TRASH out of contention team? WHIR!

Postby kemper5 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:50 am

5x5 Roto, Mixed, 12 team Keeper..Been running 8th-12th place all year. Is this just a trash team? I thought not, but standings are saying otherwise.

C B. Molina
1st Prince
2nd Kent
3rd Aram
SS Renteria
OF Holliday
OF Cuddyer
OF Andruw Jones
OF JD Drew
OF Gomes
DH Arod
DH Konerko
DH Thome

SP Verlander
SP Dice-K
SP Smoltz
SP Clemens
SP Blanton
SP Kenny Rogers
SP Carmona
SP Gallardo
SP Suppan
RP Wickman (punting saves and NO they are not costing me much points wise, others are punting as well)
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Is this an Absolute TRASH out of contention team? WHIR!

Postby WC » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:29 pm

I don't see what the trouble with your offense is, a better OF would be nice but it looks like it should be made up for.

If you're completely punting saves there's gotta be some setup guys who will give you better roto numbers than Wickman. I'd replace him with a nasty reliever, maybe Suppan too if you're getting enough wins. Two good setup guys might get you more wins than Suppan anyway.

If the other teams are really strong and you have no hope of getting back into it I'd consider moving some guys to try to get some better young keepers, depending on how many keepers your league has. I don't see many on your list that are must haves, aside from the few obvious ones.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=304256
Let's Go Bacon Pants!
WC
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Whisp » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:06 am

if other teams are punting saves, maybe you can gain on them?
what stats are troubling you? your team doesn't look as bad as you say.
Whisp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kemper5 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:39 am

WC wrote:I don't see what the trouble with your offense is, a better OF would be nice but it looks like it should be made up for.

If you're completely punting saves there's gotta be some setup guys who will give you better roto numbers than Wickman. I'd replace him with a nasty reliever, maybe Suppan too if you're getting enough wins. Two good setup guys might get you more wins than Suppan anyway.

If the other teams are really strong and you have no hope of getting back into it I'd consider moving some guys to try to get some better young keepers, depending on how many keepers your league has. I don't see many on your list that are must haves, aside from the few obvious ones.

For my keepers I have Fielder, Aram, Holliday, Arod & either Verlander or Dice-K..I think they are pretty solid Keepers for the next 3 years. For Saves, Im close to 10th place, so Im not too far off. For example this week I have 16 starts and should end the week with top score in W's, 1st or 2nd in K's, Top 5 in ERA, top 5 in whip..It's my offense that has to get rolling..Im top 3 in HR's, but just ranked 6th in RBI's and 10th in Runs and 10th in Ave..So I have Runs and Ave to improve on..Arod,Renteria,Holliday, Aram, Fielder & Cuddyer have been solid in most parts, but Andruw,Thome & Konerko have been slumping, but hopefully Konerko tuns it around..I just hope to climb, but am not sure having being stuck near the bottom for 1/2 a season
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team