braun - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

braun

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

braun

Postby Chuckd05 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:13 pm

how hot is this guy right now... he is turning into a first round fantasy player... hes producing, or out producing vlad, beltran, konerko, hafner, thome, and about 97% of the league since he got called up... with absolutely not one sign of slowing down. he did this in spring training now in the majors... do u think pitchers are giving him too much to hit, or do u think this will continue... call me crazy but as of now i would trade my vlad for him if i could know for sure he isnt just on a high... he seems like theres absolutely no slowing him down... what a damn BEAST !!!!

i drafted him, than droppped him when he got cut, than i missed out on him :~( .. when he got called up i was offered Braun and Beckett for vlad and vasquez and i posted on here and everyone said no no no... now i am banging my head against the wall... i wish i would of done it... braun really seems to be this good.. watch him go off the board next year no later than round 2, tops.. if he plays like this hell be a first rounder for sure.... :-o
Chuckd05
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: braun

Postby TonyCee » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:08 pm

Word, Word and Word. ;-D (yeah sorry about the last part, you got sleeping, lol.) :-b
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby greenjd » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:48 pm

He's a stud. I grabbed him with my 7th round waiver as soon as he became available. Great pickup. I had used my previous 4th round waiver on Pence so I was afraid I'd miss out on Braun, but I guess I got lucky. :-D ;-D
greenjd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby threelions » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:57 pm

:-° :-°
i'm scared by the subject line,
usually ppl's name mentioned here means bad news. :-X
12-team h2h 5X5 non-keeper
J.Montero,Pujols,Craig,Plouffe,Middlebrooks,TROUT,Gordon,Ethier,Butler
KingFelix,Cain,Price,McCarthy,Lewis,Hansen
Myers,Nathan,Casilla,Romo
threelions
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Whisp » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:12 pm

i picked him up as FA 3 days ago (dropped c.guillen at UT). 0 for 5 the first day, but 6 for 10 since. i'm pleased so far!
Whisp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby idealFX » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:01 pm

braun for president 07.

out of the 6 leagues i play, i own him in 4, as well as hunter pence. watching these two guys play, you can just sense their fantasy value in every aspect.
"I dont know who the Royals will have in centerfield now that Estebean German took one in the mouth on a fly ball. Probably Kerry Robinson which means that the Royals start with one out every 3 innings."

-Perlick
idealFX
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dca5627 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:00 am

I really hope he keeps it up. His position eligiblity really helped me out when i traded Zimmerman for D. Lowe b/c Braun was there i had to put a little faith in him and he hasn't let me down. I'll ride this
dca5627
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Y`s Guy » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:00 am

About a month before he came up I picked him up in a keeper H2H league and am now rejecting offers twice/week. I was looking for rook to gamble on and the Cafe buzz at the time intriged me. It was either Butler, Braun or Pence. I took Ryan and am very pleased to have him as a 25th round-equivalent.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Crippler » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:33 am

He's on a streak. All of this bandwagon jumping will turn around when he cools down.

He's a good player, but not nearly as good as you guys are making him out to be.
Crippler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby idealFX » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:25 am

Crippler wrote:He's on a streak. All of this bandwagon jumping will turn around when he cools down.

He's a good player, but not nearly as good as you guys are making him out to be.

it's not that it's a bandwagon effect; it's more of the lack of guys like atkins & alex gordon's production pre-june (especially for the hype he instilled). even if braun does cool down tomorrow, what's unreasonable...? assuming he gets 15 HR, 65 R, 50 RBI, 10 SB in the remaining 300 at bats, at a .275 clip, is that illogical? what about his already semi-present speed...? at 3rd base, those numbers aren't bad at all, especially with another similar guy in zimmerman not performing at his preseason ranks.
"I dont know who the Royals will have in centerfield now that Estebean German took one in the mouth on a fly ball. Probably Kerry Robinson which means that the Royals start with one out every 3 innings."

-Perlick
idealFX
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates