"Backstabbing?" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

"Backstabbing?"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

"Backstabbing?"

Postby shawngee03 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:18 pm

here's teh situation. a buddy of mine writes me an email today that says..."If i were to drop a player to pick up someone and put on my DL, can I pick that same player right back up or do I have to wait for them to clear waivers?"

I tell him the player would have to clear waivers then you can repick him up. then i ask jokingly who it is, bc ill beat him to him. he says no and we talk about something else(stros game tonight where i SHOULD be watching biggio's 3000 hit). at teh end i ask him again who the guy is...he says he would have to kill me if he told me. so i go to the 2 leagues we have in common looking for good players on the DL. and wow...pedro is still a FA in one of them. so i drop my crappy catcher and pick him up, stash him on teh DL, and pick up another crappy catcher.

he calls me and starts whining about how bushleague that was that i stole the guy from him, and how he thought i was better than that. and how he would never have done that(which is not true), and how i should drop him or trade him to him for nothing. hells no...all's fair in love and fantasy baseball right?

or does he have a point, should i have not picked him up even though i gave him a litle bit of time before i did it? or is it my right to get any FREE agent i want?

if this belongs in another forum(commissioner maybe) if you could move it over
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: "Backstabbing?"

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:30 pm

He didn't say it was pedro therefore its his fault for being slow
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rounders » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:32 pm

It might be a gray area, but I don't think it was wrong. Of course I may feel differently if it happens to me.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sandman042 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:39 pm

first of all in fantasy baseball if u were ever to consult anyone never ask someone else in the league thats just stupid. techinically if u r on free agents it is no1's property so u did nothin wrong. He also never told u who it was either so its all fair. but if he told u i was going to pick up pedro n u did then that would be backstabbinmg a friend. i think he got madd cause u said u will beat him to it.

i had a similar exeprerince earlier this yr when i saw my friend and said to him i needed a shortstop and i was going to propobaly pick up hardy (this was in april) and he already had hanley at ss so i though he wasnt going to pick him up. when i came home i didnt have time to check so i waited a couple of days and one day when i logged on he pick up hardy and he said he needed a util player. i was like wtf. and he even offered me to him in a trade and i said no. thats defintely backstabbing what he did. this was 10 times worst than urs cause i needed an ss at the time. its all good i ended up w/ orlando cabrera who has more points than hardy in my points league :>
sandman042
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:48 pm

I don't think you're in the wrong here, either.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CadensDad » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:48 pm

No it's not backstabbing really, it's a little bushleague though. You only got the guy just because he wanted himt hough. If he hadn't mentioned it you wouldn't have looked for him. But you still got him first so ohwell

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby interchange » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:50 pm

Yeah it's fair, but is your fantasy baseball team worth more to you than your friendship? Seriously, I'd trade him back to my friend and he'll probably help you out later.
interchange
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shawngee03 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:54 pm

i still dont think i did anything worth getting mad over, but i do realize that one SP on the DL isnt worth a friend being mad at me, especially since ill be drinking w him all night. so bc we play in yahoo, i dropped him and he didnt go on waivers(thank you whomever at yahoo changed that rule). so i told him i was doing it and he picked him up. damnn you guilt
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rounders » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:02 pm

shawngee03 wrote:i still dont think i did anything worth getting mad over, but i do realize that one SP on the DL isnt worth a friend being mad at me, especially since ill be drinking w him all night. so bc we play in yahoo, i dropped him and he didnt go on waivers(thank you whomever at yahoo changed that rule). so i told him i was doing it and he picked him up. damnn you guilt

He should be buying the drinks tonight then.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby chipper » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:02 pm

sandman042 wrote:first of all in fantasy baseball if u were ever to consult anyone never ask someone else in the league thats just stupid. techinically if u r on free agents it is no1's property so u did nothin wrong. He also never told u who it was either so its all fair. but if he told u i was going to pick up pedro n u did then that would be backstabbinmg a friend. i think he got madd cause u said u will beat him to it.

i had a similar exeprerince earlier this yr when i saw my friend and said to him i needed a shortstop and i was going to propobaly pick up hardy (this was in april) and he already had hanley at ss so i though he wasnt going to pick him up. when i came home i didnt have time to check so i waited a couple of days and one day when i logged on he pick up hardy and he said he needed a util player. i was like wtf. and he even offered me to him in a trade and i said no. thats defintely backstabbing what he did. this was 10 times worst than urs cause i needed an ss at the time. its all good i ended up w/ orlando cabrera who has more points than hardy in my points league :>

You waited...."a couple of days" and then got mad about it? Please :-°
chipper
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner