Javier Vazquez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Javier Vazquez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Javier Vazquez

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:20 am

I remember drafting Vazquez in the 3rd round in 2002 and being happy as a pig in mud. He went on to have a not so great year and I don't think I ever had him on any of my teams again. :-B

Unfortunately for his career, he went to New York and got the Jeff Weaver disease. Imagine what could have been.

Like some of you guys said, I also think it's pretty hard to predict what he's going to do. Not as bad as the All or Nothing we get with Daniel Cabrera though. Vazquez is 30 years of age, so I don't think we can expect a great improvement from him, but as a 4th starter or maybe even a 3rd, he's having a great year.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Philliebuster » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:19 pm

AngryMonkey wrote:
There are currently only 35 SP with a better WHIP right now. I'd say having a guy or 2 on you're roster with a 1.27 WHIP is an ok thing....unless you're in an 8 team league.

Fair enough. Though I've got Santana (1.05), Peavy (1.07), Haren (0.94), Maine (1.20), Gorzelanny (1.28), and Marshall (1.08) on my team, and so I'm tentative to add in more WHIP-heavy pitchers. I like my peripherals to be low and nasty.

If you compare anyone to Santana, Peavy, and Haren you aren't going to be too pleased with the stat line...Vasquez is usable...he is frustrating, but good enough to tease an owner not to drop him.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Philliebuster » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:14 am

I don't care what anyone says but Javy is dealing...his peripheral numbers have always been respectable...hope he can keep up this pace!
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rainman23 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:30 am

Can be a serviceable starter for a while. Don't make an emotional investment in the man. He'll break your heart.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Philliebuster » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:43 am

rainman23 wrote:Can be a serviceable starter for a while. Don't make an emotional investment in the man. He'll break your heart.

LOL I hear you, I sub him in as my #5 starter, so anything above average gets me excited, and increases his trade value short term.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby interchange » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:38 am

I wonder if it's time to sell high on him. Just don't know what I could get in return. :-?
interchange
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers