Big London Car Bomb Defused - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Big London Car Bomb Defused

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Big London Car Bomb Defused

Postby BritSox » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:51 pm

It was a terrorist act. Therefore, whoever perpetrated it is by definition a terrorist. Not seeing the problem here.
Image
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5223
Joined: 5 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Re: Big London Car Bomb Defused

Postby knapplc » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:04 pm

BritSox wrote:It was a terrorist act. Therefore, whoever perpetrated it is by definition a terrorist. Not seeing the problem here.



The person asking the original question was just trying to cause trouble. The rest of us all saw reality.


By the way - like the quote in your location, "Janitor." I just saw that episode last week on Comedy Central. ;-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7870
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Re: Big London Car Bomb Defused

Postby Art Vandelay » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:50 am

knapplc wrote:The person asking the original question was just trying to cause trouble. The rest of us all saw reality.


Don't you get tired of saying this about me? This must be the 5th or 6th time you've made such an accusation...it's tiresome. It is possible to look to engage someone in a discussion without "trying to cause trouble," whatever that even means.

From reading STL's post, it would seem that he was saying it was an act perpetrated by a person, persons, who had a history of terrorist activities, or a connection to groups with a history of terrorist activities. I found it odd that he would be able to make such a claim before any authorities even mentioned possible suspects or terrorist connections.
Image
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Big London Car Bomb Defused

Postby knapplc » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:43 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
knapplc wrote:The person asking the original question was just trying to cause trouble. The rest of us all saw reality.


Don't you get tired of saying this about me? This must be the 5th or 6th time you've made such an accusation...it's tiresome. It is possible to look to engage someone in a discussion without "trying to cause trouble," whatever that even means.

From reading STL's post, it would seem that he was saying it was an act perpetrated by a person, persons, who had a history of terrorist activities, or a connection to groups with a history of terrorist activities. I found it odd that he would be able to make such a claim before any authorities even mentioned possible suspects or terrorist connections.

Don't you get tired of trying to cause trouble?

Don't be coy. It's obvious what you were asking and why. Your track record shows a history of these kinds of leading questions. It would be an assumption on my part had you never asked such a question, only to jump into some rant about this or that in the past. Since you've done so (and apparently continue to do so) it's no longer an assumption.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7870
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Re: Big London Car Bomb Defused

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:42 am

knapplc wrote:Don't be coy. It's obvious what you were asking and why. Your track record shows a history of these kinds of leading questions. It would be an assumption on my part had you never asked such a question, only to jump into some rant about this or that in the past. Since you've done so (and apparently continue to do so) it's no longer an assumption.

Maybe you're not familiar with my track record. I don't mince words, if I see something I disagree with I'm not shy about calling someone on it, and if I've caused any trouble here, I certainly haven't done so by being coy. I'm sure I've gotten under the skin of plenty of members here, but you're probably the only one who would accuse me of doing so in an indirect manner. Maybe you should spend less time reading into my posts, and more time reading them.

Again, the way STL worded his original post led me to believe that he was talking about a specific group ("these people" seemed very specific to me, and saying that they will attack "regardless of who leads these countries" made me think he was talking about someone who had attacked under the previous leader). Before jumping into the conversation I wanted to know if he was indeed talking about a specific group, and if so, which one. He said he was talking in general about terrorists and not specifically about any person or group. That was good enough for me, and I would have left the conversation there, but I've had to come back a couple times to try to explain why I asked that original question. That being good enough for me apparently wasn't good enough for you, though, because here we are halfway through page two.
Image
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Big London Car Bomb Defused

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:22 pm

Things I noticed about this story:

1. This was done by doctors. Granted, doctors aren't paid as well in England as they are in the US, but they're certainly not poor. They were middle class.
2. They were caught by using disciplined inter-agency cooperation, targeted surveillance, citizen awareness, and blind luck. They were not caught by using blanket surveillance of English citizens.
3. Britain's terror attacks have been thus far, in contrast to the U.S.'s, homegrown. It's been their own citizens, many of whose grandparents were part of the Pakistani colonization, who attacked them.

Not that I'm not interested in the other part of the thread, but these are the parts of the story that jumped out at me.

Cheers!
AA
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5000
Joined: 6 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Not here.

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pymnavamefe, unioreimi and 23 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 16
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Atlanta at Atlanta
(12:35 pm)
NY Yankees at NY Yankees
(12:35 pm)
Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Detroit at Detroit
(1:10 pm)
Cleveland at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:05 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Texas
(7:05 pm)
Kansas City at Houston
(7:08 pm)
Toronto at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Chi White Sox
(8:05 pm)
LA Angels at LA Angels
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at Oakland
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
Colorado at Colorado
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact