Nba Draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Nba Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Nba Draft

Postby thedude » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:26 pm

Old_Style wrote:
thedude wrote:BTW Ainge agian added 2 very good players who slipped, in pruitt and Big Baby Davis. He has one strength as a NBA executive. He is not afiard to jump all over guys who fall to him. That is a very strong talent a lot GMs get locked in on who they think will be available when pick and then begin to over value those players and don't pick the guys who are falling.

This is what allowed Danny to grab Green and Jefferson. Too bad he is an aweful trader.

Does Davis remind anyone else of a Robert "Tractor" Traylor?

Well Taylor was 6-7/325, compared to 6-9/290, but if he can be traded for Dirk...
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:34 pm

thedude wrote:BTW Ainge agian added 2 very good players who slipped, in pruitt and Big Baby Davis. He has one strength as a NBA executive. He is not afiard to jump all over guys who fall to him. That is a very strong talent a lot GMs get locked in on who they think will be available when pick and then begin to over value those players and don't pick the guys who are falling.

I thought both of those 2 were projected to be in the early 2nd round.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:36 pm

byars sure fell alot...an actual GOOD pick by the sixers. jeeze.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thedude » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:53 pm

mweir145 wrote:

I saw Pruitt as high as the late teens in a couple of mocks. Chad ford had Davis going to the sixers at 21 in his last mock. Ford actually called him a potenial steal there.

Hollinger also rated him the 12th best college prospect (higher than Jeff Green :b )
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:24 am

thedude wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

I saw Pruitt as high as the late teens in a couple of mocks. Chad ford had Davis going to the sixers at 21 in his last mock. Ford actually called him a potenial steal there.

Hollinger also rated him the 12th best college prospect (higher than Jeff Green :b )

Ah, I don't get ESPN insider so I didn't know Ford had either of those guys that high. Both the sources I was looking at (nbadraft.net and draftexpress.com) didn't have them in the first round.

Edit: Pruitt was 29 on nbadraft.net
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:12 am

our basketball discussion is almost as big as the basketball cafe's ;D

portland had such a good draft. they're going to be something else, very soon. :-°

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:43 am

Sun Yue will be a good one, a PG at 5-9 who does everything from rebounding, blocking, defending and passing. Shooting needs a little work, but he has a lot of athleticism, could be a big fantasy producer if he pays off. Like him way more than Yi Jianlian at his spot
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby daullaz » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:31 pm

Not that I was much of an NBA fan to begin with, but now living in San Antonio you can't help but follow it. My Philly connection begs me to root for the Sixers, but after trading AI and now passing up Wright and Thornton (the one guy I really wanted them to take) for Thaddeus Young, I just can't pull for that team. Huge Durant fan, so I guess I'll be rooting for the Sonics from this point on.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Previous

Return to General Talk