100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Nba Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Nba Draft

Postby thedude » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:58 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
stevethumb wrote:i disagree...ray allen is 32 yo coming off major ankle surgery...this is a trade to appease ppierce and the celtics got little value here..terrible just terrible

He is one of the best SG's in the league currently.

And he put up his 2 best PPG averages in the last 2 seasons. He's far from being done IMO.

Apparently WEEI is saying Jefferson and Ratliff are still pieces that could be used for Garnett, but I wouldn't trust them as a reliable source.

No that is a pretty live rumor. Supposedly they are going to try to trade Jefferson, Ratliff, and picks (they own the T-Wolves 2008 first rounder and they still have their own) for KG. If that gets done then they have a very good shot at title # 17, if within a very small window.

Rondo
Ray Allen
Pierce
KG
Perkins

Is certianly a 50+ win team. This trade only makes sense if they go for broke in 2008.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:59 pm

I should add that, Ray Allen probably makes them a playoff team, but not a title contender.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:05 pm

thedude wrote:No that is a pretty live rumor. Supposedly they are going to try to trade Jefferson, Ratliff, and picks (they own the T-Wolves 2008 first rounder and they still have their own) for KG. If that gets done then they have a very good shot at title # 17, if within a very small window.

Rondo
Ray Allen
Pierce
KG
Perkins

Is certianly a 50+ win team. This trade only makes sense if they go for broke in 2008.

It still doesn't beat the Spurs...and probably not the Suns either. Of course, I'm not sure what team in the East will ever be able to do that until one of those teams breaks up.

BTW, I like that deal for the T'Wolves. It's better than the other rumoured deals for KG. Jefferson is going to be a great player, if he's not already there.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:09 pm

I think Acie Law can be great
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stevethumb » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:15 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
stevethumb wrote:i disagree...ray allen is 32 yo coming off major ankle surgery...this is a trade to appease ppierce and the celtics got little value here..terrible just terrible

He is one of the best SG's in the league currently.

And he put up his 2 best PPG averages in the last 2 seasons. He's far from being done IMO.

Apparently WEEI is saying Jefferson and Ratliff are still pieces that could be used for Garnett, but I wouldn't trust them as a reliable source.

PPG is up marginally but he attempted 246 more 3s in 05-06 than 99-00...he has become a one dimensional player.. in 04-05 he averaged just 1.9 ppg more than in 00-01 despite taking 89 more 3s...shooting more and missing more is not a recipe for success
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:17 pm

Randolph to the Knicks. A good trade by them in my mind. I'm surprised Portland didn't ask for more, and I'm especially surprised they actually agreed to take on Steve Francis.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby thedude » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:18 pm

mweir145 wrote:
thedude wrote:No that is a pretty live rumor. Supposedly they are going to try to trade Jefferson, Ratliff, and picks (they own the T-Wolves 2008 first rounder and they still have their own) for KG. If that gets done then they have a very good shot at title # 17, if within a very small window.

Rondo
Ray Allen
Pierce
KG
Perkins

It still doesn't beat the Spurs...and probably not the Suns either. Of course, I'm not sure what team in the East will ever be able to do that until one of those teams breaks up.

BTW, I like that deal for the T'Wolves. It's better than the other rumoured deals for KG. Jefferson is going to be a great player, if he's not already there.

The Celtics traded for Allen to keep Pierce happy, so they don't have to trade him. So if you are going to keep Pierce and trade for Allen and you know these guys are only going to be elite for the next 3 years or so, you have to take your shot whole you can. I love Jefferson, but if you can get KG and get to the finals the celtics shouldn't pull out any stops.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thedude » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:21 pm

mweir145 wrote:Randolph to the Knicks. A good trade by them in my mind. I'm surprised Portland didn't ask for more, and I'm especially surprised they actually agreed to take on Steve Francis.

they needed to clear PT for Oden and they wanted to dump the few Jailblazers that are left, this accomplishes both.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:23 pm

thedude wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

Rondo
Ray Allen
Pierce
KG
Perkins

The Celtics traded for Allen to keep Pierce happy, so they don't have to trade him. So if you are going to keep Pierce and trade for Allen and you know these guys are only going to be elite for the next 3 years or so, you have to take your shot whole you can. I love Jefferson, but if you can get KG and get to the finals the celtics shouldn't pull out any stops.

You make a good point. If you're going to trade for Allen, there's no reason why you wouldn't attempt to go all the way.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:24 pm

thedude wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Randolph to the Knicks. A good trade by them in my mind. I'm surprised Portland didn't ask for more, and I'm especially surprised they actually agreed to take on Steve Francis.

they needed to clear PT for Oden and they wanted to dump the few Jailblazers that are left, this accomplishes both.

But why Channing Frye and Steve Francis? Where's Frye going to play? And Francis is a cancer with a big contract.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk