Nba Draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Nba Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nba Draft

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:01 pm

i know most of us generally dont participate in many basketball related topics, but with tonight's draft forthcoming, i figured we could get into some oden vs durant topics and maybe even alittle mock draft contest :D

heres a good link to help you see the potential players and teams http://www.realgm.com/src_draftsim/1/
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Nba Draft

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:12 pm

Heres my rough draft of the lottery...alittle hard to do as im expecting some trades.

League ID 174430
1)Portland: Greg Oden - Center. Ohio State
2)Seattle: Kevin Durant - Small Forward. Texas
3)Atlanta: Al Horford - Power Forward. Florida
4)Memphis: Mike Conley Jr - Point Guard. Ohio State
5)Boston: Yi Jianlian - Power Forward. China
6)Milwaukee: Jeff Green - Small Forward. Georgetown
7)Minnesota: Brandan Wright - Power Forward. North Carolina
8)Charlotte: Joakim Noah - Power Forward. Florida
9)Chicago: Spencer Hawes - Center. Washingto
10)Sacramento: Corey Brewer - Small Forward.Florida
11)Atlanta: Acie Law - Point Guard. Texas A&M
12)Philadelphia: Al Thornton - Small Forward. Florida State
13)New Orleans: Nick Young - Shooting Guard. USC
14)LA Clippers: Julian Wright - Small Forward. Kansas
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Nba Draft

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:16 pm

I hope Nick Young goes somewhere nice like NO, he was great to watch in college.
Image
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1505
Joined: 7 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Nba Draft

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:36 pm

I can't wait to see what the Celtics screw up this year.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Re: Nba Draft

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:39 pm

My mock draft:

1. Portland- Oden
2. Seattle- Durant
3. Atlanta- Horford
4. Memphis- Conley
5. Boston- Jianlian
6. Milwaukee- Green
7. Minnesota- Noah
8. Charlotte- B.Wright
9. Chicago- Hawes
10. Sacramento- Brewer
11. Atlanta- Crittenton
12. Philadelphia- J.Wright
13. New Orleans- N.Young
14. LA Clippers- Thornton

I expect the Raptors may trade into the draft for a mid-to-late pick to draft one of Belinelli, Thaddeus Young, Rudy Fernandez, or Tiago Splitter. There have been a lot of rumours about Calderon, but it's going to take a lot to pry him away from Colangelo.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Nba Draft

Postby Old_Style » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:42 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:I can't wait to see what the Celtics screw up this year.


I expect Jianlian going to Boston, kicking and screaming. :D
Image
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6885
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the last neighborhood corner tavern

Re: Nba Draft

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:44 pm

Old_Style wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:I can't wait to see what the Celtics screw up this year.


I expect Jianlian going to Boston, kicking and screaming. :D

He'll be happier there than in Milwaukee. %6
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Re: Nba Draft

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:44 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:Heres my rough draft of the lottery...alittle hard to do as im expecting some trades.

League ID 174430
1)Portland: Greg Oden - Center. Ohio State
2)Seattle: Kevin Durant - Small Forward. Texas
3)Atlanta: Al Horford - Power Forward. Florida
4)Memphis: Mike Conley Jr - Point Guard. Ohio State
5)Boston: Yi Jianlian - Power Forward. China
6)Milwaukee: Jeff Green - Small Forward. Georgetown
7)Minnesota: Brandan Wright - Power Forward. North Carolina
8)Charlotte: Joakim Noah - Power Forward. Florida
9)Chicago: Spencer Hawes - Center. Washingto
10)Sacramento: Corey Brewer - Small Forward.Florida
11)Atlanta: Acie Law - Point Guard. Texas A&M
12)Philadelphia: Al Thornton - Small Forward. Florida State
13)New Orleans: Nick Young - Shooting Guard. USC
14)LA Clippers: Julian Wright - Small Forward. Kansas


I thought Yi Jianlian only wanted to play for the Bulls? And 5 is way too high for him. 1)he doesn't quite have the marketability of Yao and he's just not even close to being as good. I'd personally move up Brendan Wright and Noah on your list, maybe drop Julian Wright from 14
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Re: Nba Draft

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:49 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:Heres my rough draft of the lottery...alittle hard to do as im expecting some trades.

League ID 174430
1)Portland: Greg Oden - Center. Ohio State
2)Seattle: Kevin Durant - Small Forward. Texas
3)Atlanta: Al Horford - Power Forward. Florida
4)Memphis: Mike Conley Jr - Point Guard. Ohio State
5)Boston: Yi Jianlian - Power Forward. China
6)Milwaukee: Jeff Green - Small Forward. Georgetown
7)Minnesota: Brandan Wright - Power Forward. North Carolina
8)Charlotte: Joakim Noah - Power Forward. Florida
9)Chicago: Spencer Hawes - Center. Washingto
10)Sacramento: Corey Brewer - Small Forward.Florida
11)Atlanta: Acie Law - Point Guard. Texas A&M
12)Philadelphia: Al Thornton - Small Forward. Florida State
13)New Orleans: Nick Young - Shooting Guard. USC
14)LA Clippers: Julian Wright - Small Forward. Kansas


I thought Yi Jianlian only wanted to play for the Bulls? And 5 is way too high for him. 1)he doesn't quite have the marketability of Yao and he's just not even close to being as good. I'd personally move up Brendan Wright and Noah on your list, maybe drop Julian Wright from 14

There's been a lot of talk of him going 5 or 6. :? And he already said he would play in Milwaukee if they drafted him even though he wouldn't work out for them, so he's not going to force himself to Chicago.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Re: Nba Draft

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:54 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:Heres my rough draft of the lottery...alittle hard to do as im expecting some trades.

League ID 174430
1)Portland: Greg Oden - Center. Ohio State
2)Seattle: Kevin Durant - Small Forward. Texas
3)Atlanta: Al Horford - Power Forward. Florida
4)Memphis: Mike Conley Jr - Point Guard. Ohio State
5)Boston: Yi Jianlian - Power Forward. China
6)Milwaukee: Jeff Green - Small Forward. Georgetown
7)Minnesota: Brandan Wright - Power Forward. North Carolina
8)Charlotte: Joakim Noah - Power Forward. Florida
9)Chicago: Spencer Hawes - Center. Washingto
10)Sacramento: Corey Brewer - Small Forward.Florida
11)Atlanta: Acie Law - Point Guard. Texas A&M
12)Philadelphia: Al Thornton - Small Forward. Florida State
13)New Orleans: Nick Young - Shooting Guard. USC
14)LA Clippers: Julian Wright - Small Forward. Kansas


I thought Yi Jianlian only wanted to play for the Bulls? And 5 is way too high for him. 1)he doesn't quite have the marketability of Yao and he's just not even close to being as good. I'd personally move up Brendan Wright and Noah on your list, maybe drop Julian Wright from 14

There's been a lot of talk of him going 5 or 6. :? And he already said he would play in Milwaukee if they drafted him even though he wouldn't work out for them, so he's not going to force himself to Chicago.


I just don't think he's that good, plays soft, has a bad attitudes towards the ref(whiny) :t

lots of unnecessary and stupid fouls
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Aug. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

NY Yankees at Toronto
(1:07 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(1:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(4:05 pm)
Minnesota at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(7:10 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
Milwaukee at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)
Washington at Seattle
(9:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact