Ban alcohol from baseball games - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ban alcohol from baseball games

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Should alcohol be banned from baseball games?

Yes
14
14%
No
83
86%
 
Total votes : 97

Re: Ban alcohol from baseball games

Postby Doughhead » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:57 am

RugbyD wrote:
100MPH wrote:There is no reason for a person to drink more than 2 beers during a game. None. They become a health risk and security risk.

This applies to zero of the people I know, and I know a lot of people. Why do you so hate our repeated proven ability to be responsible individuals that you have to tell me all about me when you don't know a damn thing about me?

Go back to Russia.*

*10 points to whoever can identify this tangential reference


When Lisa Simpson tries to serve gazpacho at Homer's bbbq so that people won't eat meat. ;D

How do I collect my 10 points?
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 4368
Joined: 6 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ban alcohol from baseball games

Postby Yoda » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:04 am

The funny thing is, I get absolutely wasted at games and the thought of screaming obscenities or running onto the field never crossed my mind.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Ban alcohol from baseball games

Postby ironman » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:14 am

Coors Field
Miller Park
Busch Stadium
Wrigley Field's Bud Light Bleachers

:? I think there would be a few big sponsors that would have a few things to say about any sort of ban.

It's not like suddenly the ballparks are overflowing with drunks in epidemic proportions. Yeah people get drunk, it happens. But the vast majority of us, can still maintain civility when out in public. I've sat in the Wrigley bleachers and gotten smashed several times. I've not once caused any problems to the players or fans around me. I have seen drunken jackasses get out of control and the stadium crew handles them appropriately. You wanna toss a beer on the opposing outfielder? Fine, but you're gonna get tossed out. Hell I saw a college guy get bounced for reaching over and plucking a piece of the ivy off the wall.

Things are fine how they are, and if someone doesn't like being around it, they can either sit in the no alcohol family sections (which most places have), or stay home.
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 94)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Re: Ban alcohol from baseball games

Postby RugbyD » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:51 am

Doughhead wrote:
RugbyD wrote:
100MPH wrote:There is no reason for a person to drink more than 2 beers during a game. None. They become a health risk and security risk.

This applies to zero of the people I know, and I know a lot of people. Why do you so hate our repeated proven ability to be responsible individuals that you have to tell me all about me when you don't know a damn thing about me?

Go back to Russia.*

*10 points to whoever can identify this tangential reference


When Lisa Simpson tries to serve gazpacho at Homer's bbbq so that people won't eat meat. ;D

How do I collect my 10 points?


TBD :D

but you only get 5 points. 5 more if you know who said it.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5591
Joined: 7 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: punting small dogs and being surly

Re: Ban alcohol from baseball games

Postby ScarletP » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:08 pm

Doughhead wrote:
RugbyD wrote:
100MPH wrote:There is no reason for a person to drink more than 2 beers during a game. None. They become a health risk and security risk.

This applies to zero of the people I know, and I know a lot of people. Why do you so hate our repeated proven ability to be responsible individuals that you have to tell me all about me when you don't know a damn thing about me?

Go back to Russia.*

*10 points to whoever can identify this tangential reference


When Lisa Simpson tries to serve gazpacho at Homer's bbbq so that people won't eat meat. ;D

How do I collect my 10 points?


Nice pull! ;D Anyone who can pull out Simpson's references (bonus for obscurity) is all right in my book.
Image
ScarletP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 856
Joined: 20 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ban alcohol from baseball games

Postby talan37 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:11 pm

In my experience having been to Fenway, Shea, and Yankee stadium a few times.. the difference is that most people simply don't drive to fenway so there is no "tailgating". There are plenty of bars in the immediate area but they really aren't much cheaper than the stadium itself, and are ridiculously crowded around game time. But you just simply can't walk up wiht an 18 pack in your pocket and get hammered in the parking lot... because there really isn't one. At yankee stadium we drive in, park in the top of one of the lots and crack open a few 18 packs and drink right there. At fenway there really isn't any place to do this...
Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar
Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 316
Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ban alcohol from baseball games

Postby Yoda » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:13 pm

talan37 wrote:In my experience having been to Fenway, Shea, and Yankee stadium a few times.. the difference is that most people simply don't drive to fenway so there is no "tailgating". There are plenty of bars in the immediate area but they really aren't much cheaper than the stadium itself, and are ridiculously crowded around game time. But you just simply can't walk up wiht an 18 pack in your pocket and get hammered in the parking lot... because there really isn't one. At yankee stadium we drive in, park in the top of one of the lots and crack open a few 18 packs and drink right there. At fenway there really isn't any place to do this...


Yankees Stadium is the worst place to drive to IMO. It's so much easier to just take the subway.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Ban alcohol from baseball games

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:28 pm

RugbyD wrote:
TBD :D

but you only get 5 points. 5 more if you know who said it.


Was it Lenny?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: Ban alcohol from baseball games

Postby talan37 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:29 pm

I live on the island... if 4 of us go, it costs us nearly 80$ in Lirr ticket costs, then subway fees and takes nearly 1:45 minutes. If we drive it takes 45-60minutes and costs us 20$ for parking or less.

We can come and go when we want, we can tailgate in the parking lot, and if you know what your doing the traffic isn't really all that bad. If you can get there straight by subway then sure its great, but if you have to get on the railroad first and or live in nassau county it quickly loses its appeal imo.
Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar
Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 316
Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ban alcohol from baseball games

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:33 pm

acsguitar wrote:
RugbyD wrote:
TBD :D

but you only get 5 points. 5 more if you know who said it.


Was it Lenny?



Shoot I was wrong . and now that I know the answer I can't believe I missed it. His voice is so clear in my head
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Oct. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Detroit at Baltimore
(5:37 pm)
Kansas City at LA Angels
(9:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact