Ban alcohol from baseball games - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ban alcohol from baseball games

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Should alcohol be banned from baseball games?

Yes
14%
No
86%

Total votes : 97

Re: Ban alcohol from baseball games

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:10 pm

gatorgreenwell wrote:This question is so stupid that it has absolutely no place in any discussion anywhere.

Sure it does. Don't be a tool.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:10 pm

No. You'd lose fans and a ton of money with the markups on beer. $8 a bottle? They're making a killing.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Payne Dailey » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:11 pm

100MPH wrote:
Most drunks get plowed and scream curse words from the seats. Only a few drunks run on the field. But as a percentage, 100% of the people who run on a field during a game are drunk. 0% are sober.

the man, the myth, the legend? ummm no

" Tackled by members of the New England Patriots and Carolina Panthers, as well as by police and security, he was taken into custody'
Payne Dailey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RugbyD » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:28 pm

100MPH wrote:There is no reason for a person to drink more than 2 beers during a game. None. They become a health risk and security risk.

This applies to zero of the people I know, and I know a lot of people. Why do you so hate our repeated proven ability to be responsible individuals that you have to tell me all about me when you don't know a damn thing about me?

Go back to Russia.*

*10 points to whoever can identify this tangential reference
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby BigLebowski » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:16 am

This is why some stadiums have "family" sections where beer isn't sold, and you aren't allowed to bring a beer from concessions into. Granted they aren't best seats in the house, but if you take your 5 year old to the game you aren't gonna be stuck by Homer. Banning this will never happen, if they did, SO many drinks would be smuggled in by the losers that cause the problems anyway that it wouldn't make a difference anyway.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 450)

Postby wrveres » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:10 am

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but the average price for a beer at a ballpark is $8.00, and it costs them about thirty cents to pour. No way in heck teams will give up that profit stream. Heck the Padres moved out of Qualcomm because they had no control over concessions.

I don't see it happening.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Postby ScarletP » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:28 am

If someone's running out onto the field of play, it's not because they've had to much to drink. Have they had too much to drink? Yes, probably. But the underlying problem is that they're idiots. The reason they run out onto the field is because they're an idiot, just like the reason they have had too much to drink: because they're an idiot.

Anybody have any info on how much revenue teams make on alcohol purchases? I would assume it's a pretty substantial number.
ScarletP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nebgib5 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:30 am

teddy ballgame wrote:
dooz wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:I disagree with the notion that for the most part drunks are already drunk when they get there. Maybe it's like that for some people, but most of the drunks I see, were not drunk from the start. They get up every inning and come back with 2 beers each time and then they start to become obnoxious around the 5th, 6th, or 7th innings.

Really? Not challenging you but that has not been my experience. That would be dang near $50.

Maybe it's just a Boston thing because that's definitely how I see it happen at Fenway, but everyone else says differently.

my experience as well at fenway. maybe because seats cost so much in the first place, fans can afford to take another hit in the alcohol department. ;7
nebgib5
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby ScarletP » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:30 am

ScarletP wrote:Anybody have any info on how much revenue teams make on alcohol purchases? I would assume it's a pretty substantial number.

I'm assuming 100MPH can probably answer this one for me. He does, after all, "know baseball better than anyone including MLB managers."
ScarletP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers