Ban alcohol from baseball games - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ban alcohol from baseball games

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Should alcohol be banned from baseball games?

Yes
14
14%
No
83
86%
 
Total votes : 97

Re: Ban alcohol from baseball games

Postby pantagrapher » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:40 pm

I think they should ban sober people from the stadiums. That would be interesting.
pantagrapher
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 48
Joined: 17 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago

Re: Ban alcohol from baseball games

Postby 100MPH » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:41 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
100MPH wrote:
acsguitar wrote:How many sober people run on the field of play during a game?


Better question, how many drunk people don't run on the field...


Most drunks get plowed and scream curse words from the seats. Only a few drunks run on the field. But as a percentage, 100% of the people who run on a field during a game are drunk. 0% are sober.

There is no reason for a person to drink more than 2 beers during a game. None. They become a health risk and security risk. Drunks start fights. Drunks scream curse words. Drunks are the biggest problem in baseball parks. Get rid of the drunks and they can reduce the security at the ballpark by 50%.

When I was young they would let people with upper deck tickets come down to the good field level seats after the 3rd inning. Now they double check tickets before letting anyone in. Why? Because of the drunks comming down and running on the field. Drunks ruined it for the rest of us.
100MPH
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 43
Joined: 25 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ban alcohol from baseball games

Postby Yoda » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:45 pm

100MPH wrote:Most drunks get plowed and scream curse words from the seats. Only a few drunks run on the field. But as a percentage, 100% of the people who run on a field during a game are drunk. 0% are sober.

There is no reason for a person to drink more than 2 beers during a game. None. They become a health risk and security risk. Drunks start fights. Drunks scream curse words. Drunks are the biggest problem in baseball parks. Get rid of the drunks and they can reduce the security at the ballpark by 50%.

When I was young they would let people with upper deck tickets come down to the good field level seats after the 3rd inning. Now they double check tickets before letting anyone in. Why? Because of the drunks comming down and running on the field. Drunks ruined it for the rest of us.


My advice. Get better seats.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Ban alcohol from baseball games

Postby dooz » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:46 pm

I agree with bighort and a couple others. Nobody, especially a true drunk, starts out sober and gets tanked enough to run on the field.

I don't have much to add. The revenue alone justifies the sales. Plus, idiot-proofing the concession stands will not idiot-proof those in attendance.

I think we should just ban everybody from the games. How else can we stop this:

Image

or this:

Image

Image
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1529
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 4 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Above the Crowds, Above the Clouds

Re: Ban alcohol from baseball games

Postby Sjeff22 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:53 pm

100MPH wrote:
Most drunks get plowed and scream curse words from the seats. Only a few drunks run on the field. But as a percentage, 100% of the people who run on a field during a game are drunk. 0% are sober.

There is no reason for a person to drink more than 2 beers during a game. None. They become a health risk and security risk. Drunks start fights. Drunks scream curse words. Drunks are the biggest problem in baseball parks. Get rid of the drunks and they can reduce the security at the ballpark by 50%.

When I was young they would let people with upper deck tickets come down to the good field level seats after the 3rd inning. Now they double check tickets before letting anyone in. Why? Because of the drunks comming down and running on the field. Drunks ruined it for the rest of us.


This most recent statement is laden with assumptions. Can you provide any proof to your claim that 100% of the people on the field are drunk? More frequent than not, it is preempted and not just done on a whim.

No reason for a person to drink more than 2 beers during a game? So an individuals height, weight, caloric intake for the day, alcoholic tolerance all have absolutely NO barring on the amount of alcohol consumption required to get them where they want to be?

Don't be so shortsighted, I have attended many baseball games where sober fans 'scream curse words'.

You claim that drunks are the biggest problem in baseball parks. Well sir, you're wrong. The biggest is YOU. Paying for the cheap nosebleed seats with the intentions of sneaking down to more expensive seats, essentially ripping off the honest ticket payers. What about the little girl who's Daddy saved up for months in order to get her a nice seat with a great view, just to have you're despicable, pathetic, seat stealing @$$ plop down right in front of her, obstructing her view. You make me sick.
Sjeff22
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 137
Joined: 27 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ban alcohol from baseball games

Postby dooz » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:57 pm

Don't let him get to you.

This is also the same guy who said that if he was in a front office, he would churn out 100 win seasons like it was going out of style.
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1529
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 4 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Above the Crowds, Above the Clouds

Re: Ban alcohol from baseball games

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:59 pm

IllinoisBandit wrote:Has anyone ever taken a girl to a baseball game?
Beer is a neccessity.



Decent point. The only general point in support of banning alcohol is the family / kid one. I've seen parents have to leave with their kids because of the junk coming out of drunkards mouths / behavior. Of course, a huge collection of people out there will cause this problem with or without alcohol.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6184
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The offseason.

Re: Ban alcohol from baseball games

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:01 pm

I disagree with the notion that for the most part drunks are already drunk when they get there. Maybe it's like that for some people, but most of the drunks I see, were not drunk from the start. They get up every inning and come back with 2 beers each time and then they start to become obnoxious around the 5th, 6th, or 7th innings.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Re: Ban alcohol from baseball games

Postby dooz » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:05 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:I disagree with the notion that for the most part drunks are already drunk when they get there. Maybe it's like that for some people, but most of the drunks I see, were not drunk from the start. They get up every inning and come back with 2 beers each time and then they start to become obnoxious around the 5th, 6th, or 7th innings.


Really? Not challenging you but that has not been my experience. That would be dang near $50.
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1529
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 4 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Above the Crowds, Above the Clouds

Re: Ban alcohol from baseball games

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:14 pm

So the guy ran on the field, got leveled by the security guard and will likely see a heavy fine and community service or possibly even a short stint in jail. Because this guy drank to excess, should everyone have to refrain from drinking a few beers if they so choose?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12812
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp, DanyTheLob, scarnicease and 13 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact