Patterson / Lee won't steal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Patterson / Lee won't steal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Patterson / Lee won't steal

Postby NZF » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:00 pm

Early indications are that the Cubbies are going with Gonzalez in the 2 spot after Grudzielanek. His OBP is terrible so I can't understand that. Would have thought Corey P would be a far better option.

If that is the case Patterson will be overvalued in most drafts. Dusty doesn't like to run anyway and with question marks still over his ACL and batting 7th I can't see him stealing many bags at all.

Excluding Patterson and Lee (his steals all with the fish anyway) the Cubs projected lineup for 2004 stole just 14 bases between them all of 2003.

If you like Lee at 1B this year just don't count on too many steals.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby colour wolf » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:06 pm

Gonzalez can't hit for average, he doesn't walk, he has no speed anymore, and he strikes out too much. The guy should be a part-time player, and certainly no #2 hitter. Unless Baker is a total fool, he'll be down in the order within the first month.

BTW, good catch on the cubs SB last year. Lee probably won't hit double digits in steals this year.
colour wolf
College Coach
College Coach

Postby colour wolf » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:06 pm

Gonzalez can't hit for average, he doesn't walk, he has no speed anymore, and he strikes out too much. The guy should be a part-time player, and certainly no #2 hitter. Unless Baker is a total fool, he'll be down in the order within the first month.

BTW, good catch on the cubs SB last year. Lee probably won't hit double digits in steals this year.
colour wolf
College Coach
College Coach

Postby colour wolf » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:09 pm

And that was so important, I had to say it twice.

Also, I'd like to add that if Grudzielanek hits over .300 this year, I'll eat my hat. Look for a 30 point drop in his average this year. The Cubs look to have serious problems at the top of their order.
colour wolf
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GSes » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:10 pm

Patterson is a future 5 category stud. Will he steal, maybe not b/c of the injury but last year he stole a base any time he wanted even when he was batting in the 3 hole.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Patterson / Lee won't steal

Postby 2k4cubs » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:11 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:Early indications are that the Cubbies are going with Gonzalez in the 2 spot after Grudzielanek. His OBP is terrible so I can't understand that. Would have thought Corey P would be a far better option.

Actually, Patterson is a pretty terrible on base guy as well. I think he is best suited for about the number 6 spot due to his inability to draw a walk.

You are right about Dusty not running much, although if Patterson is 100% I don't think he'll be held back if the situation is right. I see him stealing around 15 this year if he plays the whole year, and I see Lee stealing about 15 as well.
2k4cubs
College Coach
College Coach

Cafe Writer

Return to Baseball Leftovers