Sabathia's IP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sabathia's IP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sabathia's IP

Postby mkultra » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:36 pm

What's not to love about CC? He's 11-2, and his ERA and WHIP are down while K's are up.

Here's the thing- he's already pitched 122 innings so far, and it's not even the All-Star break yet. He's only crossed the 200IP mark once.

Cause for concern? Sell now or ride it out?
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sabathia's IP

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:46 pm

He was one of my preseason sleepers again this year (I will post all my preseason sleepers after half way mark).

There is really nothing not to like. He has upper 90s fastball and great secondary pitches which he can locate well. The problem with almost all young pitchers with dominant stuff is that they tend to try and blow the ball by everyone instead of pitching. CC was on the same boat but he has really matured and finally becoming the stud that he was supposed to be. The scary part is that he is only 25 yo...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:17 pm

He's awesome; viva la black sabbathia
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby J35J » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:28 pm

Yoda wrote:He was one of my preseason sleepers again this year (I will post all my preseason sleepers after half way mark).

There is really nothing not to like. He has upper 90s fastball and great secondary pitches which he can locate well. The problem with almost all young pitchers with dominant stuff is that they tend to try and blow the ball by everyone instead of pitching. CC was on the same boat but he has really matured and finally becoming the stud that he was supposed to be. The scary part is that he is only 25 yo...

Yahoo has him at 27 years old

I liked him this year as well, I had him at....
210 IP
15 Wins
3.55 ERA
1.22 WHIP
180 SO
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 398)

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:43 pm

J35J wrote:
Yoda wrote:He was one of my preseason sleepers again this year (I will post all my preseason sleepers after half way mark).

Yahoo has him at 27 years old

I liked him this year as well, I had him at....
210 IP
15 Wins
3.55 ERA
1.22 WHIP
180 SO

Yeah he is 27 this year. My bad.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby facts » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:19 pm

I think the pitch count matters more than IP, if a guy throws 110 pitches and goes 8 innings every game he's just as fine as the guy throwing 110 pitches and going 6 innings.
facts
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dclark0699 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:41 pm

Did you post your preseason sleepers in the preseason at any time?
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:44 pm

dclark0699 wrote:

Did you post your preseason sleepers in the preseason at any time?

Yes. I'll dig it up during the AS Break for review.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dclark0699 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:25 pm

Ok haha I was thinking along the lines of how eeasy it would be to post preseason sleepers for the first time half way through the year:

"Yea I had Corey Hart, Russell Martin, JJ Hardy, Ian Snell, Jeremy Guthrie, Brandon Phillips, Eric Brynes, Sean Marshall....I am a genius"

but reviewing upon a past post is always fun. I always try to predict the standings and awards and breakout guys before the season...then it is fun to go back and look after the season ends.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:59 pm

This is a guy I became sold on by people on this forum, and I pretty much drafted him in every league, and I really couldn't be any happier about it.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers