Jay Bruce Watch - solid in AAA - look for him in Sept? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Jay Bruce Watch - solid in AAA - look for him in Sept?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jay Bruce Watch - solid in AAA - look for him in Sept?

Postby stevethumb » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:17 am

the Arizona Fall League rosters have been released and Jay Bruce isn't listed...perhaps that means that cinci may give him a september look ?
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stevethumb » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:33 pm

he didnt play saturday or sunday at AAA .. anybody hear of an injury ?
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:30 pm

The Reds are planning on calling up 1B Joey Votto, RHP Todd Coffey, RHP Kirk Saarloos, RHP Brad Salmomn, C Ryan Hanigan and OF Buck Coats on Tuesday.

No Jay Bruce, no Johnny Cueto and it's still unclear how much Votto will play. The Reds may maintain that status quo in September as interim manager Pete Mackanin tries for the permanent job next year.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:50 pm

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=572

Posted Sep. 2, 2007 7:56 pm by Chris Kline
Filed under: Daily Dish, Promotions

Wayne Krivsky paid a visit to Triple-A Louisville last week, where the Reds general manager informed 20-year-old outfielder Jay Bruce he would not be making the trip to Cincinnati when rosters expanded over the weekend.

Bruce, who jumped from high Class A Sarasota, spent just 16 games in Double-A Chattanooga and has held his own in the International League, put up arguably the best numbers in the minor leagues in 2007. Including the three stops, the 2005 first-rounder batted .320/.376/.591 with 26 homers and 89 RBIs in 518 at-bats.

With one game left on the schedule, Bruce led the minor leagues in extra base hits (80), ranked seventh in hits (166), fourth in doubles (46), second in total bases (106), and sixth in slugging percentage.

Bruce won’t get his first taste of the big leagues this season, but he is equally thrilled to be a part of Team USA club that will participate in the International Baseball Federation World Cup in Taiwan Nov. 6-18.

“Everybody wants to make it to the big leagues—of course that’s your ultimate goal,” Bruce said. “But having the chance to represent my country . . . not a lot of guys get the chance to do that. My goal this season was to move to Double-A, so being able to spend most of the second half in Triple-A has been awesome. I’ve learned a lot that I think will prepare me better for when they decide to bring me up.”

So while Bruce is the odd man out of September callups, plenty of clubs made moves this weekend when rosters expanded.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball