A few questions about TQ Stats - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A few questions about TQ Stats

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A few questions about TQ Stats

Postby Bill Butternut » Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:27 pm

I'm trying to decide if I want to pay for TQ Stats this season. Not a huge fan of CBS or yahoo. I was curious about a few options that they say are included in their platinum service:

Automatic Free Agent Acquisition Budget Accounting- Is this feature pretty reliable and easy to use?

Team Salary Cap- If we have an auction league does this mean the commish can submit the prices for each player and they will be easily viewable for each team all season long?

Monthly Rotisserie Standings Board- only monthly?

I think I'd have more questions if I knew more about TQ stats. What are the negatives of using tq stats?
Bill Butternut

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Re: A few questions about TQ Stats

Postby jbird669 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:39 pm

I'm trying to decide if I want to pay for TQ Stats this season. Not a huge fan of CBS or yahoo. I was curious about a few options that they say are included in their platinum service:
I use them and would be more than happy to answer your questions.

Automatic Free Agent Acquisition Budget Accounting- Is this feature pretty reliable and easy to use? I don't use FAAB, so I cannot tell you how it works.

Team Salary Cap- If we have an auction league does this mean the commish can submit the prices for each player and they will be easily viewable for each team all season long? yep, you can change them too, if you play that way

Monthly Rotisserie Standings Board- only monthly?it can be weekly, if you set it that way. you can do daily, weekly, or monthly

I think I'd have more questions if I knew more about TQ stats. What are the negatives of using tq stats? the only negative you have is they send the commish emails about their other services quite a bit. I have no other beef with them and this will be my third yr with them.
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball. ~Jim Murray
jbird669
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:48 pm

thanks man. can you view stats in real-time?

Postby Madison » Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:28 pm

I'm not sure, but I'll 'bump' this back up. I'm sure someone out there knows. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby moose » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:44 pm

Anonymous wrote:thanks man. can you view stats in real-time?

yup ;-D
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

TQ rocks

Postby Yippee » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:55 am

If you are going to pay for a site, then TQ is the best. Plus our league has customized options through them. We were a former Yahoo, then Sanbox league -- we quit Sandbox once they started crashing and then wanting to charge per month for use. We left Sandbox for TQ and never looked back. Yahoo allows for no personalization. CBS's site does, but not enough. TQstats let us mimic other sites, but we can add a ton of our own tweaks. Their pages can be cumbersome, but the details are there for you to have a kick ass league.
Not sure if we have the premium or platnium package. But I think our renewal fee for the past 2 years has been around $90-$100.
Yippee

Postby jbird669 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:39 pm

If you renew, it's $89 for a limited time
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball. ~Jim Murray
jbird669
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:54 am

Thinking seriously about using TQ, mainly because I don't trust Sandbox and Yahoo is to plain. Anyone drafted on Sandbox yet this year?

Return to Baseball Leftovers