Salty - 2 bombs so far tonight! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Salty - 2 bombs so far tonight!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Salty - 2 bombs so far tonight!

Postby nakgxf » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:07 am

While I agree Salty needs to play every day, I think Bobby Cox might be one of the only managers active today that nobody, and I mean NOBODY, is allowed to complain about. The guy is a baseball god and has been managing winning baseball for years.
nakgxf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moozzy77 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:14 am

[quote="nakgxf"]While I agree Salty needs to play every day, I think Bobby Cox might be one of the only managers active today that nobody, and I mean NOBODY, is allowed to complain about. The guy is a baseball god and has been managing winning baseball for years.[/quote]

You got it right brotha...heaven for bit we dont have a dominant season. Our fellow brave fans are to used to winning that its become automatic.
moozzy77
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:30 am

Krunk City King$ wrote:local sports talk radio will be all over this tomorrow. when bobby took salty and esco out of the lineup their bats went silent. tonight both of the newest baby bravos get some PT and even andruw's bat comes to life. chalk it up to superstition? luck? or a good managerical decision?

:?

it does not take a night at the holiday in to see the answer here.............it is all of the above.

FREE THE BABY BRAVES!@#$%^&*
;D

Well Escobar is no better than anyone we have on the infield so he should become trade bait. Andy's homer tonight was luck and I say that as an Druw owner and fan and a Braves fan. He pulled a pitch a decent bit off the outside corner. Not somethien that signals me that he is back. Believe me if I thought he was I would be dancing in the streets. I mean after so many AB's your bound to get lucky.

As far as Salty goes, Cox is just loyal to his players and knows what it taks to keep everyone possible happy. While I dont always agree with him playing the left/righty matchups or when he pulls a pitcher, he has won more games than most and I respect his decisions. The thorn in their side right now is the fact that they just inked McCann to a long term deal and he is loved by the fans. Therefore that leaves no room for Salty behind the plate as an everyday player. Even though I believe he will have the better career than McCann. As I mentioned earlier, Cox is loyal (see K.Johnson) and Im sure will not just abandon Thorman. He is a very raw talent with power to match anyone. Sitting Thorman on the bench does nothing to develop him and he is good enough to stay in the majors right now. Therefore I see this same situation continuing for as long as we have both Salty and Thorman. Thorman plays against righty's and Salty plays first against lefties. Salty will also spell McCann at least once a week if not more.

I just dont see much out there that the Braves are willing to trade Salty- a blue chip, switch hitting, power hitting catcher who has already showed he has the talent in the majors-for. He commands quite a bit and the Braves are obviously not a club who trades away their young stud talent for 1/2 a years rental....

Thats my .02 on the sitaution.....take it for what its worth from a long time Braves fan.
TN_Titans_05
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:38 pm

BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dubstar » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:05 pm

Tomahawk Chop wrote:Platooning Salty all year with Thorman/McCann is EXACTLY the kind of bull crap Bobby Cox would pull. Matt Diaz is one of our best hitters, and he spent all of last year platooning in left feild with Langerhans despite hitting over 100 points higher than him. :?

EDIT: Diaz hit .327 in 300 AB's last year and Cox STILL refused to make him a full time starter. He's batting .340 this year and has still spent all season sharing time with Langerhans and Harris.

What I'm trying to say, is don't expect Salty to be a full time starter ANY time soon. We've had a platoon at 1B for years now, last year being the only exception.

i agree diaz should have started all year over langerhans, but harris is getting it done too, i consider him and diaz equal. and we all know that bobbo is an old school manager that lovers the lefty/righty matchup.
dubstar
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby poopdungbeatle » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:01 pm

BillyHallDisciple wrote:This is classic.

http://www.startsalty.com/

LOL! thats hilarious! I love the titanic scene. Photoshop is newbie....but its better because its newbie looking! LOL! ;D
poopdungbeatle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby swyck » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:27 pm

Tomahawk Chop wrote:Platooning Salty all year with Thorman/McCann is EXACTLY the kind of bull crap Bobby Cox would pull. Matt Diaz is one of our best hitters, and he spent all of last year platooning in left feild with Langerhans despite hitting over 100 points higher than him. :?

EDIT: Diaz hit .327 in 300 AB's last year and Cox STILL refused to make him a full time starter. He's batting .340 this year and has still spent all season sharing time with Langerhans and Harris.

What I'm trying to say, is don't expect Salty to be a full time starter ANY time soon. We've had a platoon at 1B for years now, last year being the only exception.

Maybe Cox just knows more about being a baseball manager and winning games then you do. :[
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Tomahawk Chop » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:13 pm

swyck wrote:

Maybe Cox just knows more about being a baseball manager and winning games then you do. :[

Oh holy one, please enlighten me with your justification for starting a .240 hitter over a .340 hitter :?

PS- Cox is the best manager in the game, bar none. That doesn't mean I can't disagree with him on a certain topic. Now, run along...
Tomahawk Chop
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby cobbs87 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:35 am

I think Salty should start over Thorman bar none. I think he will soon enough.
cobbs87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby vladrules » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:23 pm

Love Salty. I'm been trying to start him whenever ATL a LHP. Bobby Cox is a really good manager so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt........for now.

Small sample size but anyone notice how he hits way better at home. No HR on road, while his SLG and OPS are better at home. He does K a lot though. Is he that bad vs RHP?
vladrules
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates